FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Now play nice with the Indigenous population.

My VIN:    6125

This is a Smoking Tire podcast I recently watched where Matt Farah and Doug Demuro discuss (among many, many, other things) owning and driving a Lamborghini Countach and Ford GT, respectively. Matt's DeLorean ownership (and stupid comments from the general public) also comes up, which I found amusing. (~27 minute mark below)

More DeLorean / Jay Leno related talk also at 32:15

I watched the whole video and found it really entertaining. I'm a fan of Doug and his Youtube channel and I've pretty much watched all of his videos. His review of the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle was partially responsible for my eventual purchase of that vehicle. At this point he's driven pretty much every cool/quirky car that exists with only a few exceptions.

I know Matt Farah doesn't get much love around here due to the many reasons documented in his DMC ownership thread. I can't say that he's growing on me too much, but maybe a little.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    This is a Smoking Tire podcast I recently watched where Matt Farah and Doug Demuro discuss (among many, many, other things) owning and driving a Lamborghini Countach and Ford GT, respectively. Matt's DeLorean ownership (and stupid comments from the general public) also comes up, which I found amusing. (~27 minute mark below)

More DeLorean / Jay Leno related talk also at 32:15

I watched the whole video and found it really entertaining. I'm a fan of Doug and his Youtube channel and I've pretty much watched all of his videos. His review of the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle was partially responsible for my eventual purchase of that vehicle. At this point he's driven pretty much every cool/quirky car that exists with only a few exceptions.

I know Matt Farah doesn't get much love around here due to the many reasons documented in his DMC ownership thread. I can't say that he's growing on me too much, but maybe a little.
    I'm sure Farah is a good guy. Try talking all day everyday about cars, and sooner or later, (most likely sooner), you will piss off a group of loyalists. I wasn't crazy about his attitude towards other owner's cars, but he really is/was a DeLorean fan. At least he gave ownership a shot.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Demuro has some great info but does miss some things that my extremely vast knowledge encyclopedia brain could add to his reviews. Doug if you're reading this - reach out.
    He does need to speak slower and more eloquently.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Demuro has some great info but does miss some things that my extremely vast knowledge encyclopedia brain could add to his reviews. Doug if you're reading this - reach out.
    He does need to speak slower and more eloquently.
    Probably. But as someone with a funny accent and at time, a verbal loss for words, nor particularly camera-genic, I can relate. Problem is that DD is allergic to DeLoreans and in the past
    has gone out of this way to avoid mentioning them. I don't know if he said anything in this interview.

Doug reviewed a time machine DeLorean like 4 years back and was generally positive in his review.

This was back when he was still working for autotrader and his video format was not as highly formulaic as it has now become. I also think the video predates giving a Doug Score to each car.

In the 3 hour podcast video from a few posts back, Doug doesn't really get into his own opinions of DeLoreans much.

At one point he comments on how Jay Leno isn't a fan, mostly because of John DeLorean himself. From the other videos I've seen of Leno, a big part of why he likes (or dislikes) certain cars is the story that goes along with them. He sees John DeLorean in a negative light so he doesn't like the car he built, somewhat regardless of the merits of the car itself.

This was an interesting interview with Adam Carolla and Jay Leno I watched the other day where they into some of that:

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    At one point he comments on how Jay Leno isn't a fan, mostly because of John DeLorean himself. From the other videos I've seen of Leno, a big part of why he likes (or dislikes) certain cars is the story that goes along with them. He sees John DeLorean in a negative light so he doesn't like the car he built, somewhat regardless of the merits of the car itself.
    Odd considering what JZD did for the car industry in the 20th Century. Jay wouldn't have a GTO if it wasn't for JZD.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Leno's snap judgements of a person's caliber based solely on misinformation he read on some BS internet blog disguised as a story makes him one of my least favorite car guys, right up there with Matt F, but a distant second from that pretentious prick Quentin Wilson.

Leno is highly regarded as a trustworthy source of info, he put his own personal feelings in front of fact (or he never bothered to research properly before popping off). In any event, when you have achieved that level of respect among the car community, you should pride yourself on giving correct information. When called out on his lack of research, he just doubles down on his debunked statements rather than admitting he is wrong.

PS: I don't believe that BS story of his "friend" that demanded 10 bucks from JZD in a restaurant any more than I believe in Lucas after dark.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-14-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

Jay Leno's take on John Delorean seems spot on to me. With or without the $10 story, it is well documented that JZD was pissing away VC and other loaned cash as quickly as he could to show it off and he didn't seem to mind running his company into the ground while doing so. He even followed the now standard "blame government for my poor decisions and failure" shtick after it went under. For me it seems that if Delorean had cared more about his company, he'd have spent more time in Belfast/Dunmurry to effectively run the show instead of taking first class concorde flights back and forth across the Atlantic as if it were just another commute. Which is a shame as the car really could have been a symbol against the planned obsolescent cash grab mobiles.

Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast