FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 174 of 188 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Today at gas station:

"I heard this guy in Florida had a mausoleum built to take his DeLorean when he died".

Now, given what I've heard some of you guys say, this doesn't seem entirely unlikely ;-) But it
    does rather have the air of urban myth about it.
    Oh, there was a thread on a Facebook group (DeLorean Fanatics?) about that a couple years ago. 200 incredulous comments later, the dude admitted he was just trolling.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Oh, there was a thread on a Facebook group (DeLorean Fanatics?) about that a couple years ago. 200 incredulous comments later, the dude admitted he was just trolling.
    Ah Hah. Well, probably my fault for going to gas station at busiest time of the day. I was basically mobbed on 4 sides.

Moral of the story, don't trust a guy in a Harley shirt that's been roughly cut down to a wife beater.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Ah Hah. Well, probably my fault for going to gas station at busiest time of the day. I was basically mobbed on 4 sides.

Moral of the story, don't trust a guy in a Harley shirt that's been roughly cut down to a wife beater.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Actually there is a bit more to the story.

The guy on Facebook that was trolling was a guy in NJ and yes he was trolling about that.

While all of that was going on in the Facebook post, people started to look online to see if anyone had actually done that before. A story came up from Florida in the 80s or 90s (I don't remember when) that a man actually intended to do this but it never materialized. Sad story though, the guy ended up killing his wife in a domestic dispute and went to jail.

If I can find the info on this story from Florida, I'll post it here.

-Nick

EDIT:
    Ok it actually wasn't that hard to find it:
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...241-story.html
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...326-story.html
    Last edited by NJP548; 08-17-2020 at 12:05 PM.

My VIN:    4978

I filled up with gas recently, and had a guy say. "why did you come to 2020".

So I replied. "it's way better than then the next 10 years after it".

He just gave me the look.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by captainneo View Post
    I filled up with gas recently, and had a guy say. "why did you come to 2020".

So I replied. "it's way better than then the next 10 years after it".

He just gave me the look.
    So true but we cannot talk about it here. That would involve both politics & religion! :-)
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    So true but we cannot talk about it here. That would involve both politics & religion! :-)
    I think he was referring to

[SPOILER ALERT]

the great zombie apocalypse of 2021...
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I don't get many stupid comments, but mostly don't mind when I do hear them. I try to have fun with it. I think most people aren't being malicious.

This past weekend as my wife & I were getting in the car, a large pickup did a slow crawl passing by ~15' away. The dude was laughing in an odd, goofy way. After I closed my wife's door, I approached him and as I walked toward him I said: "Are you laughing at my wife?!"

He stopped laughing and said: "No, I just haven't seen one of those cars before."

Me: "Oh..." (short pause.) "It's pretty cool, right?"

I chatted for about a minute and then invited him to see our local club at our next public gathering.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    I really like this story... it just goes to show we are all different, people handle situations differently and some are a lot more socially awkward than others. It probably made his day seeing it and he didn't realise what he was like chuckling away. So many arguments/fights/stabbings and even deaths have occurred from a lot less.

There are a lot of clever people who aren't great socially and there are a lot of dumb idiots who are great socially and inspire folk and go up the tree. Its such a shame.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    I really like this story... it just goes to show we are all different, people handle situations differently and some are a lot more socially awkward than others. It probably made his day seeing it and he didn't realise what he was like chuckling away. So many arguments/fights/stabbings and even deaths have occurred from a lot less.

There are a lot of clever people who aren't great socially and there are a lot of dumb idiots who are great socially and inspire folk and go up the tree. Its such a shame.
    I wouldn't want to be the guy who insults Rich or his wife.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I wouldn't want to be the guy who insults Rich or his wife.
    lol...I always lead with kindness & reason. :-)

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Thanks!

lol...I always lead with kindness & reason. :-)
    This is confirmed.

Rich and his wife had a lovely chat with my wife and I while we were in the area last month on vacation. Granted, no one was laughing in their direction at the time though.

-Nick

Page 174 of 188 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast