FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 134 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Good story

I work in wine and have some contacts at the local Bentley showroom who occasionally ask me to come in and serve/talk with customers about Champagne when they're launching a new car and have invited their top clients for a preview evening.

You get some *interesting* people at these events, as you would expect when the car the open night is for has a sticker price in excess of £250'000.
    I was there about 6-months ago for the launch of the Bentley GT Speed, with champagne aplenty and phasers set to maximum schmooze

Anyway one chap I have seen at a couple of events, nice bloke always brings his son or a nephew or friend of the family to these open nights gets photos of the sitting in the cars, really nice down to earth chap who hasn't lost site of the fact that these cars are unattainable pipe dreams for most folks.

Anyway I'm topping his glass with champagne and naturally asked him about his car collection which was extensive and impressive, but I never felt he was bragging. Then and he said what do you drive and I said a DeLorean, expecting all the usual BS, anyway much to my surprise, that was it, no chance of selling him a Bentley that evening.

He loved it, came out of the showroom across to the car park where it was, and despite it being a little dirty, I'd been driving to work all week, he was fascinated, quite knowledgeable about JZD and his work at GM etc... he didn't make a single BTTF reference, critique any of the cars shortcomings and thanked me for showing him around.

It was so refreshing to meet someone like that for a change.

J

My VIN:    16882.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrguk View Post
    I work in wine and have some contacts at the local Bentley showroom who occasionally ask me to come in and serve/talk with customers about Champagne when they're launching a new car and have invited their top clients for a preview evening.

You get some *interesting* people at these events, as you would expect when the car the open night is for has a sticker price in excess of £250'000.
    I was there about 6-months ago for the launch of the Bentley GT Speed, with champagne aplenty and phasers set to maximum schmooze

Anyway one chap I have seen at a couple of events, nice bloke always brings his son or a nephew or friend of the family to these open nights gets photos of the sitting in the cars, really nice down to earth chap who hasn't lost site of the fact that these cars are unattainable pipe dreams for most folks.

Anyway I'm topping his glass with champagne and naturally asked him about his car collection which was extensive and impressive, but I never felt he was bragging. Then and he said what do you drive and I said a DeLorean, expecting all the usual BS, anyway much to my surprise, that was it, no chance of selling him a Bentley that evening.

He loved it, came out of the showroom across to the car park where it was, and despite it being a little dirty, I'd been driving to work all week, he was fascinated, quite knowledgeable about JZD and his work at GM etc... he didn't make a single BTTF reference, critique any of the cars shortcomings and thanked me for showing him around.

It was so refreshing to meet someone like that for a change.

J
    Wow! I think an encounter like that would bring a tear to my eye.

My VIN:    10201

I had the car sitting at work for a while and one of the electricians working on the building asked "so where's the particle accelerator?" and I replied "you mean the flux capacitor?" Lol nice guy though, he seemed rather in awe with the car when I first brought it in.

My VIN:    16882.

At today's Cars & Coffee, "if it weren't for the movie nobody would like that car."

My VIN:    07000

At the car show the other night (note that I have a 350 sbc) "that's the engine they should have put in, in the first place!"

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

350 sbc. What's that?

Never mind. Small block chevy
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Guy: "How much you wanna sell that thing for?"
    Me: Pretends to laugh at lame joke
    Guy: "Guess it isn't for sale then." Drives off

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

At an antique shop buying an older DeLorean magazine clipping.

Me: "Can't believe I found this, I actually just bought a DeLorean."
    Clerk: "Neat! What color did you get?"
    Me: "Um, stainless steel, they were all unpainted."
    Clerk: "Oh hmm."

Weird...

My VIN:    10201

When people see or hear that I have a black delorean, they often ask about the "original silver" color.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    At an antique shop buying an older DeLorean magazine clipping.

Me: "Can't believe I found this, I actually just bought a DeLorean."
    Clerk: "Neat! What color did you get?"
    Me: "Um, stainless steel, they were all unpainted."
    Clerk: "Oh hmm."

Weird...
    That just reminded me of a situation where I stopped by a used book store. Adorned in a floral mumu by a pile of Harlequin novels at the cash register, this bearded woman in a what seemed to be permanently ill-mood scoffed at me waved her pudgy hand in the air when I asked where their automotive section was.

Turned out they actually had a copy of Dream Maker on the shelf, on display!

Excited I grabbed the book and went right back to the cash register to buy it. She seemed to be in an even worse mood by this time. You'd think that a sale would have made her happy, but she seemed even more irritated that I made her *work* by using the cash register.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 134 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 ... LastLast