Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
I know it sounds rather misanthropic, but the previous two years I drove the car less than 100 miles because I was so fed up from the general stupidity.

99% of my annoyance came during gas station scenarios, so this year I decided to start just bringing gas home. Between that, and either just driving the car on a pre-planned driving route and coming home, or taking it to friend's houses, my enjoyment of it has gone up immeasurably. A few hundred miles put on it this year already.
I've coincidentally being doing this as well and found it helps a lot. I have a few variations on my "evening lap" but they all hover around 30-40 miles and about an hour of time. I've been enjoying those A to A drives if for no other reason than they're just for me. I go where I want to go in the car and not where others think or expect me to go. Not so much in making plans to attend a show and then not showing up, I just don't make plans anymore. If I decide to come, you'll see me there. If I don't, you won't. Simple as that. And with around 750 miles on the car so far this season, it's working nicely.