FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 167 of 188 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Well, here's their chance to save it. This is the one that was referenced. Looks like the insurer is selling it:
    https://www.copart.com/lot/43413727/...orean_11142017
    Keep in mind though that this car is not legally repairable in the United States. It has a Non-Reparable Title instead of a Salvage one. The only way this will ever see the road again is if it goes to Europe.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Keep in mind though that this car is not legally repairable in the United States. It has a Non-Reparable Title instead of a Salvage one. The only way this will ever see the road again is if it goes to Europe.
    Or the simple act of changing 2 vin plates with a good titled parts car.

My VIN:    07000

Two days in a row of stupid comments: Saturday at a gas station - “Oh man, is that a 300zx? I always wanted one of those.” I told him yes, yes it is and to check out the cool special model lettering on the back. He sees them asks “Why does it say ‘DeLorean’, and what’s that?” Then he pauses and says “Oh, was that the car in the movie?” I say yes and he responds “Well, it looks like a 300zx.” And my doors were up too. Next day, a gentleman comes up to me after a parade, with 5 other DeLoreans nearby. His comment: “Did you know these were made in Canada?” Uh, actually Ireland- near Belfast. “Oh, well, it was designed by a Canadian.” Uh, actually it was an Italian named Giorgetto Giugiaro. “Oh...” and as he starts to walk away, a ask “Want it go 3 for 3? Because I can do this all night.”

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Two days in a row of stupid comments: Saturday at a gas station - “Oh man, is that a 300zx? I always wanted one of those.” I told him yes, yes it is and to check out the cool special model lettering on the back. He sees them asks “Why does it say ‘DeLorean’, and what’s that?” Then he pauses and says “Oh, was that the car in the movie?” I say yes and he responds “Well, it looks like a 300zx.” And my doors were up too. Next day, a gentleman comes up to me after a parade, with 5 other DeLoreans nearby. His comment: “Did you know these were made in Canada?” Uh, actually Ireland- near Belfast. “Oh, well, it was designed by a Canadian.” Uh, actually it was an Italian named Giorgetto Giugiaro. “Oh...” and as he starts to walk away, a ask “Want it go 3 for 3? Because I can do this all night.”
    At which Point, I would of said, but seriously Sir you’re probably confusing this Gullwing car with that Other Gullwing Car built in Canada called The Bricklin SV1 designed by Canadian Malcomb Bricklin.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    At which Point, I would of said, but seriously Sir you’re probably confusing this Gullwing car with that Other Gullwing Car built in Canada called The Bricklin SV1 designed by Canadian Malcomb Bricklin.
    Nah, it had been a long day and we just wrapped doing a very long parade route- plus being Doc, lots of getting out of the car to interact with the audience. So i was pretty pooped by that time.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Just need to clarify that Malcolm is a U.S. Citizen. Used to have an office down the road from my childhood home in Livonia, MI where I would just stare at the cars in the back lot.

My VIN:    10644

We had a guy drive through our Sunday meetup asking if we knew where he could get some "keys". Man, I've never seen somebody so pleased with themselves. He kept repeating it while Ronnie and I just stared at him. Ronnie must've given the guy some nod of recognition which caused him to exclaim, "yeah, he gets it!" He looked at me and kept repeating his hilarious question. I just kept giving him the death stare. "Aw, he doesn't get it. You don't get it. Do you know where I can get some keys? Bah, you don't get it. Hahahaha".

I hope that guy died in a car accident that afternoon.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    We had a guy drive through our Sunday meetup asking if we knew where he could get some "keys". Man, I've never seen somebody so pleased with themselves. He kept repeating it while Ronnie and I just stared at him. Ronnie must've given the guy some nod of recognition which caused him to exclaim, "yeah, he gets it!" He looked at me and kept repeating his hilarious question. I just kept giving him the death stare. "Aw, he doesn't get it. You don't get it. Do you know where I can get some keys? Bah, you don't get it. Hahahaha".

I hope that guy died in a car accident that afternoon.
    I don't get it

He must have used his up.
    Arlo Guthrie knows.......
    This might explain it
    https://www.google.com/search?q=arlo...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 12-05-2017 at 02:44 PM.

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't get it
    +1
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Page 167 of 188 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast