FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 179 of 188 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

A few weekends ago we did a 1500 mile road trip in 2203 down to North Carolina and back. It was a blast! While stopping for lunch I got one of my favorite comments yet. It isn't directly DMC related, but the car spurred the conversation. One of the restaurant employees looked out of the window and said, "Is that your DeLorean? I'm actually a big fan of AMC, I used to own a Toyota RX7. It was rear engine too!" I knew he meant an MR2, but it was still pretty funny.

I started to correct him as he said AMC, but I realized it was a lost cause lol. I just said, "wow that's cool man!"

My VIN:    03500

I heard a new one today. I found it to be more funny than stupid. Today at a car show this 7 or 8 year old girl walked up to my Delorean and she says to her parents it looks like the Batmobile. I said well that's definitely a new one.

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    A few weekends ago we did a 1500 mile road trip in 2203 down to North Carolina and back. It was a blast! While stopping for lunch I got one of my favorite comments yet. It isn't directly DMC related, but the car spurred the conversation. One of the restaurant employees looked out of the window and said, "Is that your DeLorean? I'm actually a big fan of AMC, I used to own a Toyota RX7. It was rear engine too!" I knew he meant an MR2, but it was still pretty funny.

I started to correct him as he said AMC, but I realized it was a lost cause lol. I just said, "wow that's cool man!"
    I've only owned the car a few months and I can't count the number of times people have said it was AMC. Several times, it was auto parts guys looking it up in their book.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I've only owned the car a few months and I can't count the number of times people have said it was AMC. Several times, it was auto parts guys looking it up in their book.
    Unfortunately there are people who confuse the Delorean with the Bricklin which sourced parts from AMC. I had a older gentleman tell me he was able to work on one because it has a Ford engine and he knows Fords. Again the Bricklin has Ford engines.

Dave B.

lol...must be an age thing; they were only off a ~decade.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Unfortunately there are people who confuse the Delorean with the Bricklin which sourced parts from AMC. I had a older gentleman tell me he was able to work on one because it has a Ford engine and he knows Fords. Again the Bricklin has Ford engines.

Dave B.
    The 74 had a 360 AMC. (They went to the wimpy Windsor in 75 ;-)

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    "You don't see many of these around!"

Is this the dumbest comment someone can say to a DeLorean owner? I mean, if you say it to your friend or kid as you walk by, sure, I get it. But when you say it to the owner while he's washing the car in his own driveway, it makes no sense. In fact, the owner is about the only person this for sure doesn't apply to.

YOU don't see many of these around, ok, but I see one every time I go out to the garage. I think this is when I pretend I have my earbuds on and can't hear him over the music, lol.
    This is a running joke with my friends and I. I hear it from passerbys fairly often "You dont see one of those everyday" and its true from their perspective.
    However people close to me infact DO see one of those everyday. We still say it to each other in jest.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This is a running joke with my friends and I. I hear it from passerbys fairly often "You dont see one of those everyday" and its true from their perspective.
    However people close to me infact DO see one of those everyday. We still say it to each other in jest.
    Yesterday I went to a show and I was interviewed on the radio and guy says you don't see these every day and well I go every time I go out to the garage! 😋 He was well us normal people don't.

So I guess we're not normal and I'm fine with that. My best friend has told me can't you do anything normal! I say what fun is that!

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Yesterday I went to a show and I was interviewed on the radio and guy says you don't see these every day and well I go every time I go out to the garage! 😋 He was well us normal people don't.

So I guess we're not normal and I'm fine with that. My best friend has told me can't you do anything normal! I say what fun is that!

Dave B.
    Ever since you guys posted this it seems everybody says this to me. I've started saying "Well actually, I do". My wife says I'm being mean. Is that how it sounds?

On another note, people ask to take pics. I always reply "knock yourself out". Sometimes people ask if they can take a pic with them sitting in it. I don't mind that at a car show, but not at a gas station. Am I being an ass?

My VIN:    628

Ever since you guys posted this it seems everybody says this to me. I've started saying "Well actually, I do". My wife says I'm being mean. Is that how it sounds?
    To me, no. Smartass? Yes. Some people would consider it the same thing.

On another note, people ask to take pics. I always reply "knock yourself out". Sometimes people ask if they can take a pic with them sitting in it. I don't mind that at a car show, but not at a gas station. Am I being an ass?
    Not at all. It's your car/private property and at a gas station, you are clearly getting fuel and going somewhere. It has its place at car shows, cruise ins, etc. If I don't want to deal with it, I would just say something like "Honestly I've got to get going for an X appointment across town". Lying, yes. But there's a place for everything and sometimes a gas station isn't it. I'm probably the asshole but I don't care.

When I do let folks sit, I normally teach them the proper way of getting in and out of the car (Butt first, then swing legs in) rather than letting people sit practically on the back rest of the seat and slide down. Some days you just won't want to deal with it or my gun is still in the car.
    Last edited by JBaker4981; 07-12-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

"Can you still get a sorted car for $20K?"

Sorry, dude. I have a copy of DeLorean World from 1995ish, and the classifieds have cars ranging from 18-25K. Whether those cars were sorted or
    not is another matter.

As an aside, also in that issue is an ad for Don Steger's services, and his picture where he is sporting an exceptionally bushy mustache.

Page 179 of 188 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast