FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 108 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    It's sad but John DeLorean isn't a subject in school. The man is responsible for so many innovations that cars still use today, can be argued as responsible for the muscle car era, and started an automobile company from scratch. Yet he's probably going to be lost to history in a couple of generations. I once spoke to an older gentleman at a car show who owned a beautifully restored 66 GTO. He had no idea that DeLorean played a huge role in the creation of his car.

I would have found history class so much more interesting if cars, video games, and electronics were sprinkled in with the facts about forefathers and ancient peace treaties.
    As they say, history is written by the winners. Though I can't say much of this surprises me that people know so little about the past. It's very interesting that we focus on ancient history instead of modern. Not to say that the age of a subject matter isn't important, but more recent events are indeed far more relevant to at least show us more recent mistakes, and how things really aren't as distant as they seem. Staying on the subject of automobiles & relevant history, take all of the current recalls going on, and in particular GM's problems with ignition switches and fuel cells. It's easy for lots of analysts and whatnot to talk about how it all just slipped through the cracks. But when you start looking at modern history with JZD & Ralph Nader, and then read things such as the Ivey Memo, you really start to see how history keeps on repeating itself and life gets worse because for whatever reason we're still not learning from the past. Not just in the case of GM, but any subject really.

I'm in total agreement too about the subjects being too dry and boring. I hated history in school. At the start of the school year, it was always the same thing about how the pilgrims landed. And we never ever got past the 100 year mark. We'd always just stop right at the California Gold Rush in 1849. Then we'd start it all over at the beginning of next year. And the curriculum never changes. I would loved to have heard the history of the transistor, computer industry, or even the details of the Industrial Revolution. But we never covered it, and I doubt any school ever will.

Hell, many schools don't even offer shop classes any more. Want to learn how to use basic hand tools? Not happening in school anymore. Unless you have a family member who is willing and able to teach you, you're out of luck.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Interesting topic. Perhaps continue on a separate thread?
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

My VIN:    6585

If you're up for it, sure. We can break it off into a separate thread.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    01960

TMZ tour bus

Ok, first off, I live in LA and my office is in Hollywood... so unfortunately, this has happened three times in the last week where I happen to drive up next to one of the TMZ tour buses/vans that drive around here, and the driver/tour guide sees my car. If you thought one person in a parking lot with dumb things to say was annoying, try a tour guide with a bunch of tourists looking for celebrity homes and street corners where celebrities punched somebody or had a nipple slip. Thankfully, the car sits so low that I can just pretend not to hear the guy over his intercom give all the standard BTTF references in his douchey TMZ voice to raucous laughter amongst a bunch of giddy tourists. It was unbearable. After the first two times, I decided to make an effort not to pull up next to one of these, and instead just stay behind or try to speed past them as fast as my little PRV will go. The third one though pulled up my while I was waiting for a light, and I was trapped. It was full of Japanese tourists who managed to get off about 117 pictures while yelling "DEELOREAN!" before the light turned green and I was able to escape. It's the most I wished I had a Stage 2 or LS1 in my car since I've owned it.

Maybe next time, I think I'll pull out my phone and start taking pictures of all of them and yell "Ooooh! Look, tourists!!"
    1981, auto, black int w/black carpet and headliner, Momo wheel, Pioneer HU /speakers w/bluetooth, Bisyncmaster LED panel, Eibach springs, shocks, exhaust, wingsaloft

My VIN:    4534

Sorry but the mental image of that is hilarious. Especially the "ooh, tourists!" part. You should do that next time.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    4519

I actually had a stupidass comment today (actually don't get them often.)

I pulled into a parking lot and a dude was in a parked car yelling: "is that Micheal J Fox?"

Me: "That's clever...I never heard that one before."
    Him: "Well, I never saw a car like Micheal J Fox's before."
    Me: "Ya....I can tell it's your first time."

I then held the door for his girl as she & I walked into the same building.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Poor thing never seen a delorean before? Where does he live in? Greece?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My recent encounter was not of a stupid comment,.. But of a stupid..period!
    I am working on my d drivers door.
    This is what it looks like in my garage:

So my neighbor rides in with his bike in our shared garage.
    Him : you know what you just reminded me of?
    I just wait to hear the story..
    Him: have you seen the movie back to the future?
    I pause my fixing and look at him with big eyes...
    Him: that car had opening doors just like yours. Hehehe just reminded me of that movie...
    Me: are you serious? This IS that model that starred in the movie
    Him: oh!
    And he continues...
    Him: so you brought this from California? Sunshine state?
    Me : no Florida actually...
    Him: oh cause your have a California plate.
    Me: that is not a real plate. Just a prop replica of the plate used in the movie. Hence the OUTATIME.
    Him: oh, hadn't noticed that detail.....

I was just about to say :
    Like you noticed the whole efen car you dump mop! Where you having your head in that popcorn bag during the whole friggin movie ?

After 18 months he sees that delorean transform, it finally hits him... That it looks like a movie car....
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Ouzo is a powerful drink
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Like you noticed the whole efen car you dump mop!
    This made me LOL
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Page 108 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast