FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    This exchange happened yesterday as I was arranging towing services for 1632.

Me: Hi yeah I'm calling for roadside assistance.
    Insurance guy: Okay. Which car on your profile?
    Me: 1981 DeLorean. I think it's an issue with the fuel pump.
    IG: you sure it's not the flux capacitor?
    Again, I point out my response..

My VIN:    03254

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    From last Saturday's car show:

--> just as I was finishing chatting with someone normal, some dude walks by and informs his girlfriend that "this is the heaviest car ever made."

I thought maybe, just maybe it was a punny BTTF joke, but nope, this guy was convinced it weighed an excessive amount. I just let him keep walking. No sense trying to correct that guy. Especially not when the VIN plate was right under his nose indicating it's under 3,000 pounds. Have a nice day dude, here's your sign.
    If that were to ever happen again, back when the Deleloran was still being manufactured the heaviest production car made was the Lincoln Mark VI. It was a TWO SEATER but it was huge about the length of a football field but had a ride like it was on a cloud because of its soft suspension and the fact that they filled the frame with lead!

Dan

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I was running late for something the other night and needed to change clothes so I ran to McDonalds to make use of their restroom. A few employees started gathering around the car and this was my conversation with one of them.

Employee: What kind of car is that?
    Me: Its a Delorean.
    Employee: What does that mean?
    Me: It means it's a Delorean.

Everyone else seemed to recognize the car. His associates seemed to have a good time messing with the poor guy after that.

I also got the standard, "How much did it cost" question. I asked the guy what he thought it was worth and he said $200k.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I also got the standard, "How much did it cost" question. I asked the guy what he thought it was worth and he said $200k.
    I've started encouraging this rumor. After all, that's an offer that would get me to sell my car.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I've started encouraging this rumor. After all, that's an offer that would get me to sell my car.
    I will give you $200k in Zimbabwean dollars for your car.. If that is not good enough, how about a Million Zimbabwean dollars?

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I will give you $200k in Zimbabwean dollars for your car.. If that is not good enough, how about a Million Zimbabwean dollars?
    I've already got ONE HUNDRED TRILLION DOLLARS in their currency; it's a single bill.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I was running late for something the other night and needed to change clothes so I ran to McDonalds to make use of their restroom. A few employees started gathering around the car and this was my conversation with one of them.

Employee: What kind of car is that?
    Me: Its a Delorean.
    Employee: What does that mean?
    Me: It means it's a Delorean.

Everyone else seemed to recognize the car. His associates seemed to have a good time messing with the poor guy after that.

I went through McDonalds drive-thru with my car recently.
    "Damn! Are those Lambo doors or suicide doors?"...."They are gull-wing doors"
    "How much did it cost you to install them?"...."about $25,000"..."Damn! That is tight!"

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    "How much did it cost you to install them?"...."about $25,000"..."Damn! That is tight!"
    I love it.

My VIN:    4534

My neighbor stopped by while I was working on the car to tell me some of the funny comments one of his buddies said when he noticed my car. The guy told him the stainless skin was so thick that the car was bulletproof. I'm thankful he did not test that hypothesis. Continuing with that theme I also got 'heaviest car ever made."

I haven't taken my D through a drive through. I may have to try this weekend just to get some comments.

My VIN:    3299

I'm at a sandwich shop on the patio eating with Jessica. First encounter is pretty cool. Lil' kid - maybe 7-8 years old comes out flipping:

Him:"OMG. It's a DeLorean! I can't believe I'm seeing one!"

Jessica opens both doors for him while I watch

Him:"I have GOT to get a picture of this!!"

He walks around the car with his sister, exclaiming "These cars sell for SO MUCH. I've seen how much they go for. They are a LOT."

All of that I thought was adorable. About an hour later comes the idiot part. 2 guys walk up looking like active duty military in civies. One of them gets his camera out taking pictures, so I go over to open the door for him to be polite and let him get a closer look. I notice he does NOT walk over and look but actually turns his back as I open the door.

His buddy: "Dude, he opened the door for you."
    Asshole: "Yeah, I know. I'm jealous"

WTF is that? You're so jealous over what someone has you act like you're blowing them off when they try to be nice to you? What a crock of idiot-crap.

I thought it was funny someone who was 7-8 years old acted more mature and handled the situation better than some dumbass whose Ed Hardy prolly was in the wash that evening.....
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast