FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 111 of 188 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I had an interesting comment the other day.
    I'd stopped at a gas station and a guy in a early 70's Mustang came over and said, "Hey, That's the car that was used in That movie!"
    When he stumbled on the name of the movie I told him, Back to the Future.
    He replied, "No that's not it. It was that James Bond movie where the car becomes a submarine."
    I tried to explain that's not the same car. He advised me to watch the James Bond movie again and then I'd see it was.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    . He advised me to watch the James Bond movie again and then I'd see it was.

George
    Should had grabbed his mobile number and put a bet on it!

My VIN:    01955

Was filling up the other day and at the service boy behind the counter (Indian background) asked me how I put in the doors as some modified cars have the scissor doors. I told him that was how the car was built.

He then asked "From Japan?"

"No, Ireland."

Even more confused expression. Then some silence as he thinks really hard.

"Watched Back to the future?"

"Is it a TV show?"

"No, 80's movie."

"Ok. Still looks Japanese."

"Go watch the movie".

Even if he does watch it, it wont resolve all those Qs he had. But at least it would make him even more confused!

My VIN:    4534

I had a young man ask me how I did that to the doors a couple of years ago. He didn't get that the car was built that way until I showed him the two smaller DeLoreans.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I had an interesting comment the other day.
    I'd stopped at a gas station and a guy in a early 70's Mustang came over and said, "Hey, That's the car that was used in That movie!"
    When he stumbled on the name of the movie I told him, Back to the Future.
    He replied, "No that's not it. It was that James Bond movie where the car becomes a submarine."
    I tried to explain that's not the same car. He advised me to watch the James Bond movie again and then I'd see it was.

George
    I would've bet car for car- and you'd then have a nice classic Mustang!

My VIN:    1374

A can of worms doesn't open itself.

Patrick Maruska Seattle WA USA.

My VIN:    3294

I just bought #3294 about 3 weeks ago, and the comments started pretty much as soon as I bought it. I live near Nashville, but drove up to Jeffersonville, Indiana to pick up the car from a Craigslist seller. As soon as I left the sellers house, I drove my truck with the car on a trailer up the street to the local McDonald's to pick up a bite to eat before I headed home. I parked out front, and was immediately called "McFly" by some lady leaving the drive-thru lane as I was climbing out of my truck. Before I could walk across the parking lot... these two 20-something stoners approached, and one of them shouted... "Dude you've got a fu*%$ng Lamborghini!" They stood there and told me all about my car and snapped photos with their phones. Sitting at a table inside the McDonald's I started hearing car horns honk, and noticed people were getting out of their cars in the drive thru line to go take photos and selfies with my car.

After McDonald's, I head down to the local Autozone to buy more ratchet straps, and come out to a circle of people surrounding the car on the trailer. Most congratulated me on the purchase, others told me what a piece of shit it was.

Stopping for gas in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, two college age girls asked me what kind of car it was and wanted to see inside.

After getting lost somewhere in B.F.E. Kentucky (Thanks Google Maps!), I stopped at a local convenience store to ask directions, and came back outside to see a group of about 3 or 4 older gentlemen walking around the car checking it out, and of course one of them "used to have one back in the 70's, but it was blue".

But my favorite comment came this past Tuesday night. I'm a cubscout leader for my 8 year old son, and one of my scouts followed me out to the garage to get some tools. I open the door, flip on the light... and he just stops dead in his tracks. He turns around with the most serious face and says, "Mr. Barry, is that a REAL spaceship?" I just looked at him and say, "Yes it is".

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

lol, so familiar!
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    "Mr. Barry, is that a REAL spaceship?" I just looked at him and say, "Yes it is".
    That is awesome!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    "Mr. Barry, is that a REAL spaceship?" I just looked at him and say, "Yes it is".
    Now you need a space suit to hang in the garage near the car. Or a radiation suit.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Timebender; 12-04-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Page 111 of 188 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast