FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 114 of 188 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

random guy: "is that real?"
    me: "um i don't understand the question"
    random guy: "like is it real?"
    me: "um its there isnt it? looks real to me"
    random guy: "but is it real?"
    me: blank stare.

My VIN:    REDACTED

I always get "wow...you dont see those every day!"
    To which I respond..."well, i do."

KB
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessBullet View Post
    Congrats on your new purchase. You don't have to worry! There are many Flux Capacitor jokes in your future!

The Flux Capacitor jokes never have gotten to me. What I can't stand are the "know it all" types. The people that will come up to you and tell you what a piece of crap you own, or how slow it is, or how their brother's bosses sister's husband bought a new one for $15,000. It's a good thing I don't value other peoples opinion and bought the car for ME to enjoy.
    Can't wait as I'm building a list of snarky comebacks. Already get a bunch of dumb questions when I have R2 out:

Does it fly?
    Can he go around by himself?
    Where are the jets?
    Where are the rocket boosters?
    Hey look kids, it's C-P30 (yes, not C-3P0..)
    What is that thing?
    Can he jump out of your car?
    What's he saying?
    I bet that cost like $50,000 bucks!
    Is that the one from the movie?
    Where can I buy one?

and many many more.
    Last edited by Timebender; 01-20-2015 at 01:56 PM.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

I hear behind me "look a Longoria"
    I think to my self:
    "I wish I was riding that ...."
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    07000

From a friend: Do you see the white lines in front of you disappearing as you're going down the road?

My response: Where I go, I don't need any roads.

BAM!

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Had a stupid moment with the car today.

I washed it and decided to go for a drive to a Starbucks. I get my coffee, go outside and sit on some benches right in front of the car. A guy pulls up and gets out, his first comment is "woah! Back to the Future." I look up, smile and go yep (wasn't really sure what else to say), then he goes "my friend used to have one of these and I got to ride in it." I was about to tell him that I get to ride in it whenever I want when he said "they're really not that great, I wasn't impressed at all with his." Then he pulls out his camera and proceeds to take about 5 or 6 pictures all around the car. As he's snapping away, he wondered aloud a few times how much DeLoreans cost. He definitely seemed to be at least somewhat intrigued by something that didn't impress him. When he was done with that, he turned and walked away. I muttered something that probably gotten him to walk back over, but I wasn't in the mood to argue with idiots. What stumped me was the fact that I was the only one sitting near the car and it never crossed his mind that I might be the owner. Oh well....
    Last edited by SKnight; 03-21-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Was filling up for the first time since I got it back, and had a couple people approach me about it. First guy was all excited, younger than I was, taking pictures, I even let him ait in it and took a picture of him in it. Second guy was also polite, friendly, but had one comment that was a new one to me, so I thought I'd share it:

Him: You know he invented snow tires, right?
    Me: I know he invented a lot of things, but wasn't aware of that one actually
    Him: I mean, drugs and all

Had me dumbfounded, but it was quite creative, so I laughed and was a good sport about it. Other than that, he was very nice and polite, even remembered the local dealership back in the day.

Filling up with gas is fun. Get all kinds of attention and more comments than I do at car shows. Must be the fact that people aren't expecting to see one fill up when I do, whereas at a car show it's kind of expected.

My VIN:    1800

I was recently asked how I created the cargo area behind the seats. I couldn't understand what they meant. They proceeded to tell me how all D's came with back seats and how someone did some crazy rear seat removal modding to mine.

That makes twice now that someone has asked me about back seats.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

Yesterday a guy told me

Did you know the early ones were fiberglass and painted different colors? His uncle had one! Oh sure...

My VIN:    814

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by clenet View Post
    Did you know the early ones were fiberglass and painted different colors?
    well, I guess it's kind of true!

A

Page 114 of 188 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast