FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 117 of 188 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    Mine attracted more girls when it was red. Pretty sure they thought it was a Ferrari too.
    Mine seems to attract cop more than anything. I was pull over by a cop the other day, with the swinging lights on and everything... In fact he made a U turn to get me!
    Turn out the officer just wanted to see the car. The problem is my wife and daughter were with me in another car and thought I was going to have a ticket.
    I just ask him if cop were allowed to stop any car they wish to see...and he quickly just add that he wanted to check if I had all my papers in order...blah blah blah..It turn out that my insurances paper was out of date but only the paper. He let me go and thank me for letting him see the car. Fucking cops!!

Dude, relax. No need to get all anti-police over one incident. If you didn't want the attention, why'd you drive the DeLorean? Seriously.

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Dude, relax. No need to get all anti-police over one incident. If you didn't want the attention, why'd you drive the DeLorean? Seriously.
    I'll have to agree with Victor. Cops shouldn't be allowed to pull you over because they want.
    Barry

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    It happens to me more than I would wish for. But fortunately I only had one ticket out of many time I have been pulled over. But I like driving the Delorean even if it means having to deal with unpleasant encounters sometimes.
    I should relax for sure , but it is quite stressing when you see those lights in the rear-view mirror!!!

But yes there are good cops out there. Just not many around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I'll have to agree with Victor. Cops shouldn't be allowed to pull you over because they want.
    At what point did I say anything to the contrary? All I'm saying is that this isn't some "F*** the police" motorcycle gang we're a part of, it's a "gentlemen's sports car" club. It's one thing to disagree with the cop's decision, quite another entirely to get all bent out of shape about it and end with a "F*** you" in their direction.

My VIN:    07000

I'm okay with police, as I have friends I grew up with that are cops. However, I HATE when they come up behind me, literally on my tail (not in my DeLorean), in order to hide so they can nab someone else. That scares the crap out of me, as I KNOW I'm not doing anything wrong, yet think "Okay, what did I do wrong minutes ago?" as my stomach sinks.

Sheesh.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Giugiaro pronouncer

I've always used the "half-English" pronunciation of "jew-JAR-oh."
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

"If you didn't want the attention, why'd you drive the DeLorean? Seriously"

So i got the car for attention?

I thought i just liked the car.

Mind blown!!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    I thought i just liked the car.
    That's why I bought mine. I don't care for attention and enjoy my anonymity. But I like the DeLorean and enjoy owning it. This whole "You bought the DeLorean because you want attention" thing seems to be a relatively new accusation - I've only heard it in the last couple of years. *shrug*
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I'll second that, because I've had some nasty experiences in my DeLorean with the police before. Now that's not to say that there haven't been times that I've been pulled over, and there wasn't good reason. Because there was. The best example was one day I stopped by the DMV to take care of my registration, as well as order a personalized license plate. I did this all before I was going to work, and after leaving the DMV while driving to my then job, I got pulled over because my license plate was shown as surrendered and wasn't valid for the car (the database was already showing my new plate #). The officer explained to me that he had a ride along, was explaining to that person how they can run plate numbers on cars to check registration, etc. They saw my car, and decided to demo the system and procedure with it, and I got flagged because the plate obviously didn't match. Now of course I had my moving permit attached to the front windshield and the appropriate paperwork for the car, and everything checked out fine. The guy was very pleasant, everything went fine, and I was on my way with a warning that I did need to remove the license plate as since it was no longer valid, it was illegal to display it.

So I proceed on to my job. Later I grab a screwdriver out of the trunk, and remove the plate before I head home that night. And then I get pulled over over by a state trooper because I don't have a plate on the back... Luckily he was friendly too, as are the majority of officers I've encountered. Most of the time they've always talked to me about the car when I've been parked at a gas station, or something else.

But there have also been some seriously bad experiences too.

I picked up my car when I was 21, and still looked like a teenager. But one night after driving home from work from that same job, I left for the supermarket for groceries and got pulled over. The cop said it was because it looked like I was going to run a stop sign. I asked how that was possible, and he said that it was because I saw him that I changed my mind. Which wasn't true, and I told him as much without arguing. I say that because a traffic stop is not the place to argue. The court is for that. But then this guy started in with snide remarks and questions asking me why I was out driving my father's car. I told him that I was not, my father was dead, and this is my car. This guy was a complete jerk. He ran my license, checked my insurance, wrote down my VIN number from both the door sill as well as the dash. This guy even went back and wrote down the serial number on my registration sticker! I know this because cops don't seem to realize that the louvers combined with the hight of the car block out the floodlights. I could always see the officers clear as day where they were, and what they were doing. And this guy even knelled down with a pad and paper to write down the serial number on my registration sticker. He kept up with the stop sign bit, and the only time that I even remotely got smart with him was about 30 minutes later when I asked what I was being cited for. He said that he wasn't going to cite me, but threatened me to stay out of his area or else he'd impound my car next time. Plenty of other grocery stores closer to me. This was past the city limits into Las Vegas, and I lived in North Las Vegas.

The other time was in Conroe, TX when a Montgomery County Sheriff threatened to impound all 3 of my vehicles for failed registration. But maybe he'd overlook it after i sold him my DeLorean... I told him that it wasn't for sale. He snapped at me that he didn't ask if it was for sale, and that if I did sell it I'd have enough money to register my other cars in Texas rather than loose them to impound. That was some scary-ass, corrupt small town sheriff shit. Luckily he got called away on the radio. He wasn't happy about it though and told me that he sees me every night, and that we'd talk again. I left the car there, and a week or so later came back with a trailer and truck during the day when he wasn't around and got the car the hell out of there.

There are plenty of good cops around. But until you've had one of the bad ones mess with you, you've no idea what it's like. I think that if more people had those negative experiences, they'd be far more sympathetic.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 117 of 188 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast