FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 119 of 188 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

I've had several run ins with shady characters trying to stop me and offer me money for my car. both in NJ and Manhattan.

How many times does one have to say not for sale to "how much you want for it"? And then they get pissed when you tell them to leave because you've already said no to them 10 times.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I wonder if this wasn't the case of someone driving by and seeing a car where the finish of the front and rear fascia didn't match the rest of the car and assumed it was a half finished project car of some kind with aftermarket lambo doors.
    Sometimes I'm just so blown away by what people say and/or do I can't even respond. Regardless of what something looked like, I can't envision myself walking up to a stranger to call something he owns a piece of shit. Might I comment quietly to my wife? Maybe!

Volker (vps3922) and I were at a car show recently and I had the PVC piping over the the striker pins to help keep people out. A middle aged asian woman still decided to climb in, bending the pipes user her as she went. Again, at a loss for words, i told her it was inappropriate and that the bars were there so people wouldn't do that. She laughed instead of apologizing and walked away. The rage.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Sometimes I'm just so blown away by what people say and/or do I can't even respond. Regardless of what something looked like, I can't envision myself walking up to a stranger to call something he owns a piece of shit. Might I comment quietly to my wife? Maybe!

Volker (vps3922) and I were at a car show recently and I had the PVC piping over the the striker pins to help keep people out. A middle aged asian woman still decided to climb in, bending the pipes user her as she went. Again, at a loss for words, i told her it was inappropriate and that the bars were there so people wouldn't do that. She laughed instead of apologizing and walked away. The rage.
    I've only been on the road for a week, but so far my experience has been positive. Two people asked if I had a flux capacitor, and several others gave a thumbs up.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    I've only been on the road for a week, but so far my experience has been positive. Two people asked if I had a flux capacitor, and several others gave a thumbs up.
    We have a thread for that, too!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    10201

The only "stupid" comments were before I owned the car. Ive only heard positive things in the small amount of time Ive actually driven it so far.

My VIN:    6214

Had this happen about a week ago, a guy walks up and says "I love those cars, but man they're hideous looking!" I can't fathom why you'd walk up to an owner and tell them their car was hideous, no matter what kind it is.

My VIN:    1325

I was eating lunch at a restaurant with my car parked where I could keep an eye on it.

One of the guys working there saw that the car was mine and started talking to me about it. We talked about the car for a while and he was nice enough, seemed really excited about it.

Things take a weird turn as he proceeds to brag about how his brother is a tow truck driver. Then he tells me how lucky I am, because if he was a tow truck driver, he would love to just tow my car away for the hell of it.

I was so caught off guard all I could do was try and laugh it off at the time. This guy is telling me he wants to steal my car? Okay!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post

Wow, the rage. No kidding.

Bill Burr did an excellent job explaining why that sort of thing happens:

I have those same "behaviour bars" as I like to call them. And lots of signs. They don't work some of the time. We all have seen the joking signs like "don't touch unless you're naked, zippers and buttons scratch" or some other cartoon making fun of the situation. The good humoured ones don't always work and yet if you put DON'T TOUCH in big, plain lettering, you'll get that putz that just eff's with your car BECAUSE the sign says not to.

I might give this sign a go next car show. It's on the fun side and we'll see if they get it.

Hey you get your damn hands off my car.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Things I overheard during All British Field Meet last Saturday and in Whistler last Sunday:

"Oh, yes, these are DeLoreans, they were made in Canada, did you know?" (No, I did not, and if so, what do they do on an All BRITISH Field Meet?)

"Ah, and here are the DeLoreans. Be careful, there are always a few "lines" around here." (Next time I will put a line of baking powder on the hood, I swear!)

"Oh, look, a DeLorean. It is redicolous how much Aluminium they used for it. But it shines nicely in the sun." (You are looking at the front, dude, the aluminium block is in the rear)

AH, car shows...always fun!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vps3922 View Post
    redicolous
    Wow.

- Chris

what

Page 119 of 188 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast