FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I've already got ONE HUNDRED TRILLION DOLLARS in their currency; it's a single bill.
    You drive a hard bargain.. Alright.. How about a Quadrillion Zimbabwe Dollars? lol.. Go to a local paper after a the sale and tell them ho much it sold for.. Just omit the Zimbabwe part..

I thought it would be awesome if someone replaced all their monoploy money with Zimbabwe money.. Imagine playing with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    My neighbor stopped by while I was working on the car to tell me some of the funny comments one of his buddies said when he noticed my car. The guy told him the stainless skin was so thick that the car was bulletproof. I'm thankful he did not test that hypothesis. Continuing with that theme I also got 'heaviest car ever made."

I haven't taken my D through a drive through. I may have to try this weekend just to get some comments.
    I have done it several times...usually everyone behind the counter flocks to the drive-through window. One time I heard what sounded like a camera click and it turned out to be a guy taking a pic with his cell phone but he didn't want me to see him taking the pic so he took it out of view. I usually order with the door closed and always have to get the food with the door open of course which causes all of the interesting comments...

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Today at Walmart a guy asked me if the car was for sale. I said sure, if the price is right. He said how much and I asked him how much he had. He didn't answer so I asked how much he thought it was worth. Same drill. I asked him how much he had again and he finally said $6k. Needless to say, he didn't get to buy my car.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

While I was changing the fuel pump, a woman walked by and the following conversation ensued:

Her: "Can I ask you a question?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Her: "Why don't you put a cover over it?"
    Me: "Because I hate dealing with wet car covers."
    Her: "Why didn't you put it in some shade to work on it?"
    Me: "Because I'm changing the fuel pump."
    Her: "Oh. That makes sense."
    Me: "I'll sell it to you for $35,000."
    Her: "What?"
    Me: "Well, I don't know if you noticed, but the first words out of your mouth implied that I wasn't taking good enough care of this car. If you want to do better, then I will sell it to you and you can take care of it."
    Her: "Sorry. My friend and I walk by here a lot and it's a pretty rare car."
    Me: "Yes, it's rare, but I've owned it for four years and I drive it regularly, so I think I'm doing okay."
    Her: "It hasn't moved from this parking spot in weeks."
    Me: "I am waiting for some air conditioning parts to arrive. Until then, I don't feel like driving it when it's 105 degrees outside. And it's possible to leave a parking spot and then return to the same parking spot. I do it with my other car, too."
    Her: "Okay."
    Me: "If you're done criticizing now, I'd like to get back to work."

She left.

Some people...!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    While I was changing the fuel pump, a woman walked by and the following conversation ensued:

Her: "Can I ask you a question?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Her: "Why don't you put a cover over it?"
    Me: "Because I hate dealing with wet car covers."
    Her: "Why didn't you put it in some shade to work on it?"
    Me: "Because I'm changing the fuel pump."
    Her: "Oh. That makes sense."
    Me: "I'll sell it to you for $35,000."
    Her: "What?"
    Me: "Well, I don't know if you noticed, but the first words out of your mouth implied that I wasn't taking good enough care of this car. If you want to do better, then I will sell it to you and you can take care of it."
    Her: "Sorry. My friend and I walk by here a lot and it's a pretty rare car."
    Me: "Yes, it's rare, but I've owned it for four years and I drive it regularly, so I think I'm doing okay."
    Her: "It hasn't moved from this parking spot in weeks."
    Me: "I am waiting for some air conditioning parts to arrive. Until then, I don't feel like driving it when it's 105 degrees outside. And it's possible to leave a parking spot and then return to the same parking spot. I do it with my other car, too."
    Her: "Okay."
    Me: "If you're done criticizing now, I'd like to get back to work."

She left.

Some people...!

Farrar
    Unless there's more to this story, in my opinion you sound like a total douche. She probably thinks the same thing. Just saying.

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Unless there's more to this story, in my opinion you sound like a total douche. She probably thinks the same thing. Just saying.

Andy
    Kinda agree, she came off to me as thinking you had a super rare valuable collector car and she was just surprised you didn't keep it like a baseball card. Probably didnt cross her mind the actual value of the car and how it is your driver and not some keepsake. Maybe that heat really got to you while working .
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Is this one of those "you had to be there to hear it" conversations where intonation makes all the difference in the world?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Well, LAH DEE DAH!!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Is this one of those "you had to be there to hear it" conversations where intonation makes all the difference in the world?
    Well, she didn't introduce herself or even say hello. She just started talking while I was up to my neck in the trunk. When I first heard her say "Can I ask you a question?" I looked up from where I was working, and didn't see where her voice has come from. Then she said "Yeah. YOU." I don't think that's a nice way to address anyone, much less a complete stranger.

Throughout the entire conversation, she just stood there, frowning at me, asking her questions in an arrogant tone of voice. I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I would have preferred a "Hi, I'm _______. Welcome to the neighborhood," first. Doesn't anyone say "Hello" anymore?

If that makes me an asshole, then I guess I'm an asshole. :shrug:

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Ha! I love it. With hearing more of the story, your responses are definitely justified.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Page 12 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast