FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 125 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

DeLoreans are one of the un-safest cars on the road
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

see below. My browser seized up (

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    What did you look like that would make him call you a redneck? Just curious since there are tons of them here in GA.
    I don't know. Just walking around the car. Me and the owner were standing there when the guy said that. Me neither him said anything to the guy. (I do have a "red" neck though. ) I don't take "redneck" in the negative like some people do. After a certain age I guess you just let stuff go because if I got all heated I'd have a heart attack. It has helped me when I watch the Detroit Lions these past couple of years

If I could have gotten the guys license plate I'd have been able to answer that for you though.... lol

--Doug

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    What did you look like that would make him call you a redneck? Just curious since there are tons of them here in GA.
    Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I don't know. Just walking around the car. Me and the owner were standing there when the guy said that.

Hmmm.. People are so weird. I'd have to imagine it would take seeing something like this for a person to say that:

Derek L
    VIN 5302

nice photoshop but nope! I may be fat but I was dressed in a nice underarmor workout outfit. I sure just my shorts costed more than what both of them are wearing in the pic lol!

Like I said I don't take "Redneck" in the negative. My Mom was from the great state of Mississippi (spelled wrong I think), and my Dad from Kentucky. Also my neck is red on the back of it. I am what I am I guess....

The part/point that I am trying to make is that someone drove up to us, tried to say something snide and was jealous of what the owner/car had....haters are going to hate and owners of this car need to understand that "Haters are going to hate"..just the other day Mike McElhatton, while I was at DMCMW told me he was taking care of or had taken care of a guy's Delorean that some douche keyed at a car show.

IMO if people are going to hate, ignore them until they walk away. If they stick around, call the cops, its too easy BUT If they want to learn about the Delorean and its story, then I will be happy to tell that story.

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 06-12-2015 at 03:43 PM.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    nice photoshop but nope! I may be fat but I was dressed in a nice underarmor workout outfit. I sure just my shorts costed more than what both of them are wearing in the pic lol!

Like I said I don't take "Redneck" in the negative. My Mom was from the great state of Mississippi (spelled wrong I think), and my Dad from Kentucky. Also my neck is red on the back of it. I am what I am I guess....

The part/point that I am trying to make is that someone drove up to us, tried to say something snide and was jealous of what the owner/car had....haters are going to hate and owners of this car need to understand that "Haters are going to hate"..just the other day Mike McElhatton, while I was at DMCMW told me he was taking care of or had taken care of a guy's Delorean that some douche keyed at a car show.

IMO if people are going to hate, ignore them until they walk away. If they stick around, call the cops, its too easy BUT If they want to learn about the Delorean and its story, then I will be happy to tell that story.

--Doug
    I just re-read what I wrote with the photo -- haha, definitely not implying that you look like either of those two guys, LOL!! More like that's what it would take for me to make a redneck comment, and even then it would be quietly to my friend/wife and not to them.

I just find it crazy that people say mean things over nothing. You're right, haters gonna hate and some people will be jealous. What can ya do.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by vps3922 View Post
    I was just putting my cover over the car (front first) in my garage and was working on getting the rear covered. Car is parked front first in the garage so the back is visible to the alley.

Guy walks down the alley, sees the car and says: "Wow! What's that? Is it..." He pauses.

Me: "A weather experiment." Silence for a few seconds and you can hear the gears in his brain turning. We both laughed after that and it turned into a nice chat.

Epic....!

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

This morning two kids maybe 9 years old walked by and spotted my DeLorean in awe. All smiles and generally what young boys do when they see something nice, then one says to the other in a surprisingly calm and educating voice: "you do realise these cars have unpainted stainless steel panels, you know!". I was totally surprised by this very keen boy who clearly new his classics.
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

I was parking my car at work today and a lady on a bike goes " My friend had one of these cars, she broke down on the way to Vegas"

I didn't know what to say to that. I just though of all the memories you have of this car you bring up the really bad one?

She also had a parrot on her shoulder.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    I was parking my car at work today and a lady on a bike goes " My friend had one of these cars, she broke down on the way to Vegas"

I didn't know what to say to that. I just though of all the memories you have of this car you bring up the really bad one?

She also had a parrot on her shoulder.
    My comment would've been "I had a parrot once, and it always pooped on everyone."

Page 125 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast