FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 126 of 188 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

What's orange and sounds like a parrot?

a carrot

I'll get my coat
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10201

Someone at the store saw my black Delorean and said "its the wrong color" and I replied "so what color is yours?". She didn't have one.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Someone at the store saw my black Delorean and said "its the wrong color" and I replied "so what color is yours?". She didn't have one.
    Yes!

When I get "these things are heavy and slow" i respond with "is that your impression from owning or driving one?" Of course 99% of the time they neither own or have driven one so they look like morons regurgitating wrong information. Well, okay they are a bit slow, but i feel better about life afterwards.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    3937

"Wrong color?".... according to who?

Funny how people figure YOUR car isn't RIGHT. Granted, a car that wasn't painted at all originally vs black is a bit of an odd example.

I love the people that go ape sh!t over the car and then right at the end toss in some jab about "oh, but it's an automatic" in a 'that's too bad' sort of way. I like that reply though... and you know they've never driven an automatic or manual themselves anyway.

The thing is though, you go up and down the line at any cruise night and look at what kind of transmission most of the cars are and it's an automatic. Primarily the muscle car era I'm thinking. Here'll be some huge engine '69 Camaro or Chevelle or something and of course it's an automatic. I wonder if those guys get the same comments? Yes, thank you for your input. I'm thrilled your Civic is a stick shift. You wild man, you.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10201

Lol I got plenty of comments at work for buying a manual when I didn't know how to drive one. If I were staying and working in the Atlanta area, id be more inclined to go with the automatic. I don't have to worry about constant stop and go where I work now so it's not as much of a pain.

My friend who drives a manual civic si said that my Deloreans clutch was the hardest hed ever driven.

My VIN:    07000

Nicely done sir! And black is the only "color" a DeLorean should be, IMO- since SS isn't really a color- gray maybe?

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The thing is though, you go up and down the line at any cruise night and look at what kind of transmission most of the cars are and it's an automatic. Primarily the muscle car era I'm thinking. Here'll be some huge engine '69 Camaro or Chevelle or something and of course it's an automatic.
    As are almost all the 1932 and up Fords and so on that have been hot-rodded - almost all (95%) that I see on a given Wednesday (we have a weekly car show in El Cajon) have been swapped out for an auto.

My son's 1970 Camaro Rally Sport came with a Turbo Hydramatic transmission, as that was pretty much standard back then, and now it's one of the main selling points on one.

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Today I had my car appraised. The appraiser was an older gentleman, and he told me he has been doing appraisals for over 30 years. We talked about odd or cool cars he has seen during this time. Panteras, Superbirds, Ferrari,Viper, DeLorean, etc. He then began naming guys throughout the state who own DeLoreans, and have had appraisals done by him as well. I felt pretty good about it once he got started, but that quickly just turned to a sigh as he asked me his first question with clipboard and pen in hand.
    "Does it still have the stock 351?"

I should have stopped him immediately and said, "please leave."

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post
    Today I had my car appraised. The appraiser was an older gentleman, and he told me he has been doing appraisals for over 30 years. We talked about odd or cool cars he has seen during this time. Panteras, Superbirds, Ferrari,Viper, DeLorean, etc. He then began naming guys throughout the state who own DeLoreans, and have had appraisals done by him as well. I felt pretty good about it once he got started, but that quickly just turned to a sigh as he asked me his first question with clipboard and pen in hand.

It wasn't John Haferbecker was it?? He appraised my car in 2008. I really need to get it looked at again after all the work I put into it

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I hope you didn't pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post

Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Page 126 of 188 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast