FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 145 of 188 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10201

I'll tell them I paid what it's worth, then if they ask what it's worth I'll just say what I paid for it lol.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I guess my skin isn't as thick as it should be, even for my fiance also. Sometimes out in the DeLorean you would here the typical dumb ass comments but when the cocaine jokes come out or the cars is a piece of crap, not only me but my fiance' takes serious offence like someone just talked crap about our son!!!! I'll be like "so my car is crap uhh? Where is your car?" "I dont have one" they say! So you pick on someone for having a crappy car but dont even OWN a car!! Im at a lost for words to even argue. Now Jenny, well she has skin thinner than mine, lol!!! She will school there butt big time giving them the history of the car, the company and the man that it leaves them speechless!!! I just look at her and say "now you see why im marrying you" She is a big gear head and only likes classic cars. To us, the DeLorean is part of the family and Jenny wants the car in our wedding! She has her own money in the car, came up with the 2 tone style accents and installed the wide stripe kit. So basically saying a negative comment about the car will result in a negative comment back but some days we just ignore it like we didnt hear anything because the end result is others will try to put you down because there jealous scum that dont know how to work hard to achieve what you dream of.
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

My favorite lately is when I tell people I'm stripping it back to stainless and get the "and then what?" to which I respond "that's it."

My VIN:    3937

I had just parked at the A&W cruise night in town and had the trunk open while I was still getting a few of my signs and things set-up. Buddy comes up marvelling over the car and once seeing inside the trunk says "wow, I can't believe that's all that powers it!" I actually managed to keep my mouth shut. The weed is that good, eh bro?

(This is what he was looking at... my battery booster pack. Although maybe he meant the FC?)

Daves pic 2.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Not a Stupid comment per se, but a disappointing one.

I was in Dallas TX last week and was very fortunate to get an invite to look around a private collection of about 130 cars, mostly GM products (~25 Caddys from 1936 to mid eighties, Olds, Pontiac, Chevy, ~'vettes ) but a sprinkling of Fords and late model Benz's and Maybachs

The owner was very gracious, allowing us to sit in any of them and start up any that had a key. Afterwards we all went out for a fantastic steak and he regaled us with stories of how he came by every car. As he was a GM guy, and in his late sixties, I was curious about his opinion of JZD. perhaps not surprisingly, he knew the history of car and the plant surprisingly well, but he got hung up on the drug bust, how underpowered the car was and difficult to get worked on.

As he was hosting us, I gently corrected him on a few points and noted that the present day was probably the best time in history to own one of these cars with the vendor and owner support that exists around the world. Don't think he will be joining us unfortunately.

On the plus side, he didn't mention the movie nor that "they are making new ones, you know"
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10907

Not stupid in the infuriating sense but I found it quite comical...

One of my friends told me she'd thought my CRX was a DeLorean for years. In her defense it is a silver gen I and actually does bear an uncanny resemblance to the squished D in Simon's sig pic so if you didn't know the doors were a stock feature and didn't notice the Honda badges, it might be an easy mistake to make...

I was pumping gas at a corner station.

There was some guy at the traffic light, in a pickup truck yelling " Where's the flux capacitor"

I never looked up, just played like i heard nothing.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    I was pumping gas at a corner station.

There was some guy at the traffic light
    Wait. So you were in two places at once?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3937

A couple weeks ago a few local owners met before going into a show together. My attention was with someone else, so I didn't catch all of what he said or have time to say something in return, and maybe that was a good thing, 'cause I still don't know what I would have said.

This guy was walking by the cars all excited and mumbled something about "dilithium crystals."

I think I just looked at him dumbfounded and then thankfully kept talking to whoever it was I was talking to in the first place as he left.

Hey Biff, I think you might have crossed the streams on a few of your movie references there. Might want to lay off the Romulan ale and stick to Nerf herding.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This guy was walking by the cars all excited and mumbled something about "dilithium crystals."
    Obviously, he's mistaken. We secretly replaced the dilithium with Folgers Crystals!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 145 of 188 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast