FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 147 of 188 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Sometimes a cocaine joke is almost welcome in lieu of BTTF comments and the "Hey you can buy a new one now" banter
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    10907

You guys, I got my first Flux Capacitor joke today! I feel like such a legit DeLorean owner now, even if the car isn't actually in my possession yet, LOL. (It was at NAPA while I was picking up some spare fuses. I giggled like a loon. I suppose it gets old eventually but I've seriously been grinning about it all day.)

My VIN:    03500

Any of you get Irritated when people say. Oh the engine is in the back like a VW? I say it's not a VW. It has a V6 and has a lot more power. Yeeesh Comparing a D to VW! Or is it just me. And yes I put in a flux capacitor because they always ask.

Dave B.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I say it's not a VW. It has a V6 and has a lot more power. Yeeesh Comparing a D to VW!
    Dave B.
    A lot more power? That's not saying much. It's almost an insult to both vehicles. That's like saying

"Is that your wife? Wow she's a lot prettier than Sandra Bernhard."

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The answer to that one can also be "The engine's in back, same as in a 911".

Any of you get Irritated when people say. Oh the engine is in the back like a VW? I say it's not a VW. It has a V6 and has a lot more power.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    07000

Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Any of you get Irritated when people say. Oh the engine is in the back like a VW? I say it's not a VW. It has a V6 and has a lot more power. Yeeesh Comparing a D to VW! Or is it just me. And yes I put in a flux capacitor because they always ask.

Dave B.
    I have a Chevy small block 350 in mine, which doesn't help as the comments I normally get, even from some guy who says he's appraised NUMEROUS DeLoreans, is "oh I see you have the one that came with the 350. That was a much better option than the V6." Really???

Next time someone asks me what you need to own a D, my answer will be, a willingness to listen to stuff that isn't true, never was true and is hugely unlikely to ever be true. In addition to money, patience, AAA card, metric hand tools, the funny square drain plug tool, a cooling system tester, crimping and soldering tools, quick connectors, spare relays, fuses and circuit breakers. And Hot Wheels D's to give to your young fans
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post

Next time someone asks me what you need to own a D, my answer will be, a willingness to listen to stuff that isn't true, never was true and is hugely unlikely to ever be true. In addition to money, patience, AAA card, metric hand tools, the funny square drain plug tool, a cooling system tester, crimping and soldering tools, quick connectors, spare relays, fuses and circuit breakers. And Hot Wheels D's to give to your young fans
    If you have money, you don't need anything else...the rest is what your mechanic needs.

My VIN:    0967

I just had my first onslaught of comments after picking up my D from DMCNW on Wednesday morning. Driving it down from Seattle to Vegas I think we heard all the common stuff. It was kinda enjoyable at first becasue I was still in shock that I was actually driving a DeLorean... I actually own a Delorean!

But after the 1200 mile trip over 3 days, it started getting old hearing things every time we stopped. There was even one a-hole that wouldnt let me pass and I could see him filming me through his mirror doing about half the speed limit. Then all of the sudden, he tossed a bannana peel out his window back at me. The worst part of it was that I was having some trouble keeping the engine going at lower speeds so when I slowed down to gain some distance, I stalled out and had to sit on the side of the freeway for a bit until my engine would start again.

But overall my first experiences as a D owner have been positive. There were far more positive comments then bad. I had several younger children express their excitment. I even let one of the more awestruck kids sit in the driver seat for a photo op. After he got out he said "I want one of these one day!" I just looked at him and said, "You know, I was about your age when I told myself the same thing." His eyes lit up like I had just told him he could be anything he wants when he grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If you have money, you don't need anything else...the rest is what your mechanic needs.
    True, true... I just can't stand to part with any amount of money if something needs to be fixed that I figure I have a 50/50 chance of doing myself whether I can afford to pay someone or not.

I almost forgot to add to my list tool kit (pliers, screwdrivers, extra hose clamps) a gallon of coolant, 10mm deep well socket and a flashlight. The hose clamp on the RH front water pipe loosened on me three weeks ago on my way home at 10:30pm. Stopped and tightened the clamp, topped up the coolant, bled the system and got home a little messier than when I started but without a tow or a late call to a friend or relative.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Page 147 of 188 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast