FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 150 of 188 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-T View Post
    Him: Cool a DeLorean! Does it run on regular gas?
    Me: Nope. I'm just using the unleaded fuel to clean out the engine.
    Sounds like a bit of a dick move on your part to be honest. He probably knew very little about cars and vaguely aware of leaded gas and thought you might be needing an additive or something. That's certainly the case frequently in the UK when I'm refueling, so I try not to judge others too harshly. I get that following up with "Does it run?" makes him out to be the stupid one, but he was just excited to see a DeLorean and you shat all over his day. Congratulations.

My VIN:    0967

Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a dick move on your part to be honest. He probably knew very little about cars and vaguely aware of leaded gas and thought you might be needing an additive or something. That's certainly the case frequently in the UK when I'm refueling, so I try not to judge others too harshly. I get that following up with "Does it run?" makes him out to be the stupid one, but he was just excited to see a DeLorean and you shat all over his day. Congratulations.
    I laughed after I said the first part because I thought he was trying to make a "It must runs on banana peels and beer cans" reference. I was actually going to make a comment back explaining my response but he quickly added the "Does it run" part and I knew it wasn't worth the time. It's one of those you had to be there type of things. The other guy I was next to even gave me a look like is that guy serious? Being born and raised here in Vegas, I've seen and met so many different kinds of people and its become easy to tell when your dealing with folks that just aren't all there. And unfortunately, Vegas seems to have more than its fair share of them.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Almost makes you want to install a faux fuel cap in the rear. Drive up to a crowded gas station next to the trash can and start dumping trash in your new fuel tank, then drive off.

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I get asked often questions such as: You drove it here? It runs? You actually drive it? Which at first seems like a really bizarre question to ask. Well of course it runs and I drive it places, it's a car! However, coming from someone who may have never seen a DeLorean before. Maybe it makes sense when you compare it to possibly seeing a Duesenberg or a Tucker in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I know I'd say, You drove that here?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Forgot to post this one here. More offensive than stupid. I had a breakdown a few weeks back when my fuel pump gave out, and as I was sitting in the car on the side of the road, doors up (in 110 degree weather) waiting for a tow, some genius in a monster pickup drove by and took the opportunity to roll coal on me while shouting "next time, buy American, f*g"

Classy.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Forgot to post this one here. More offensive than stupid. I had a breakdown a few weeks back when my fuel pump gave out, and as I was sitting in the car on the side of the road, doors up (in 110 degree weather) waiting for a tow, some genius in a monster pickup drove by and took the opportunity to roll coal on me while shouting "next time, buy American, f*g"

Classy.
    Why must people be a jerk to someone who is having a bad day?
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post

Classy.
    May that "gentleman" purchase his next car from this dealer...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I had a breakdown a few weeks back when my fuel pump gave out, and as I was sitting in the car on the side of the road, doors up (in 110 degree weather) waiting for a tow, some genius in a monster pickup drove by and took the opportunity to roll coal on me while shouting "next time, buy American, f*g"
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe that is grounds to use deadly force in Tennessee.

My VIN:    10201

His truck was probably built in Canada anyways.

Old coworker liked to give me an another coworker shit because we had Hondas until I saw the vin sticker on his chevy silverado. My coworker's v6 accord was built about 20 miles down the road and the "american" silverado was built all the way in canada.

I have such a disdain for truck drivers like the one that blew coal. I won't go on a full rant, but the road could really use much less of them.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

We build a lot of vehicles in Ontario. Not as many as we used to, but a lot. Don't worry, they're built better than the Bricklin.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 150 of 188 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast