FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 162 of 188 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    I know it sounds rather misanthropic, but the previous two years I drove the car less than 100 miles because I was so fed up from the general stupidity.

99% of my annoyance came during gas station scenarios, so this year I decided to start just bringing gas home. Between that, and either just driving the car on a pre-planned driving route and coming home, or taking it to friend's houses, my enjoyment of it has gone up immeasurably. A few hundred miles put on it this year already.
    I've coincidentally being doing this as well and found it helps a lot. I have a few variations on my "evening lap" but they all hover around 30-40 miles and about an hour of time. I've been enjoying those A to A drives if for no other reason than they're just for me. I go where I want to go in the car and not where others think or expect me to go. Not so much in making plans to attend a show and then not showing up, I just don't make plans anymore. If I decide to come, you'll see me there. If I don't, you won't. Simple as that. And with around 750 miles on the car so far this season, it's working nicely.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've coincidentally being doing this as well and found it helps a lot. I have a few variations on my "evening lap" but they all hover around 30-40 miles and about an hour of time. I've been enjoying those A to A drives if for no other reason than they're just for me. I go where I want to go in the car and not where others think or expect me to go. Not so much in making plans to attend a show and then not showing up, I just don't make plans anymore. If I decide to come, you'll see me there. If I don't, you won't. Simple as that. And with around 750 miles on the car so far this season, it's working nicely.
    Nice to hear that someone else "gets it". I love my DMC to death, it's still my favorite car out of my three toy cars. But I'm not a people person, so taking it out can be, um, interesting.

This is one of the nice things about my Corvette; there's so many of them no one cares, lol!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Wow not driving your car simply because of what people might say is robbing yourself

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

If you're not driving your car, and how's it running out of gas?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I know it sounds rather misanthropic, but the previous two years I drove the car less than 100 miles because I was so fed up from the general stupidity.

99% of my annoyance came during gas station scenarios, so this year I decided to start just bringing gas home. Between that, and either just driving the car on a pre-planned driving route and coming home, or taking it to friend's houses, my enjoyment of it has gone up immeasurably. A few hundred miles put on it this year already.
    My experience with gas station comments or questions depends on whether I'm alone or not.

When traveling with my wife. Gas station chatter is usually much less. More often than not the typical comment is " you sure don't see those every day " or " How long have you had it "
    or " I bet you get plenty of BTTF comments ". I find in general when your not alone you tend to not get as nearly as many questions.

When I'm by myself People feel more free to try strike up a conversation about it. AND the Idiots occasionally blurt out The Stupid Remarks. Funny thing, they're always males. I can't say, l've ever gotten a BTTF joke from a female. Typically its's "Cool car" or "Sweet Ride".

When I need to get gas locally I have a favorite "Low traffic " Gas station that I prefer using. In fact it's the only place I typically by my gas for my other needs. When I'm traveling I try to pull up to the open pump furthest away from other people getting gas if possible. That also helps reduce the comments If open spaces are next to you.

I typically Don't do Local Car shows either, unless the circumstances are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Wow not driving your car simply because of what people might say is robbing yourself
    You obviously didn't read what I said. I said I'm now driving it again because I've figured out how to enjoy it again. Don't be a jerk; you are in absolutely zero position to make remarks about how I choose or not choose to enjoy my own property.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    If you're not driving your car, and how's it running out of gas?
    You didn't read my post. I said I am driving it again.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    10644

I just got one of these. I had just sat down in my car when a guy rushed over to ask if this is an "OG car or one of the new ones". I told him that there are no new ones. "Yeah, there's a place somewhere in the midwest that has the rights to these and they're remaking them". I explained that all of the DeLoreans that he sees were all built in the 80s. "Well, you sure don't see them all nice and grained out like this though". I explained that actually, all of them are grained. Oh well. I'm amazed he didn't touch the car.

My VIN:    Early

Not really a stupid comment, but...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

You obviously didn't read what I said. I said I'm now driving it again because I've figured out how to enjoy it again. Don't be a jerk; you are in absolutely zero position to make remarks about how I choose or not choose to enjoy my own property.
    Easy there tough guy. Obviously you read more into my innocent comment than you needed to. Sounds like I touched a nerve.

Suck it up buttercup...you are on the Internets and nobody gives a shit about your feelings.

Page 162 of 188 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast