FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 165 of 188 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    if you have sex with someone solely based on the vehicle they drive - your stupid!
    you're*
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    10907

More comical than offensive, but when I'm taking sunset pix of my car in the parking lot at work, somebody always asks if I'm selling it. Like, sorry your car isn't so awesome you want to document every day of its existence, bro...

My VIN:    Early

Not really a comment, but rather an annoyance.

I decided to leave my car outside tonight so I can check the AC. After a run to Oreillys for gauges, I found a crowd of local middle schoolers blowing off fireworks in front of my house. They stopped soon after, but now my truck AND the DeLorean are full of ash!
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Was at a local chain parts store looking for the 8mm square drain plug socket (they didn't have it, got it off Amazon) and the guy behind the counter says:
    "A DeLorean? Those are the heaviest cars ever made!"
    My reply: "Eh they're not that bad."
    His: "They're pretty heavy."

I didn't say anything back to that.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Nate88 View Post
    Was at a local chain parts store looking for the 8mm square drain plug socket (they didn't have it, got it off Amazon) and the guy behind the counter says:
    "A DeLorean? Those are the heaviest cars ever made!"
    My reply: "Eh they're not that bad."
    His: "They're pretty heavy."

I didn't say anything back to that.
    Hard to believe the guy behind the counter at the local parts store is ignorant about DeLoreans. I always meet ignorance with what matters
    OK then smart guy, How much does it weigh?
    After he answers tell him, for every pound you are over you owe me a buck, for every pound you are under I owe you a buck. Still confident enough about your DeLorean knowledge to put your money on the line?

My VIN:    10201

It's one of my favorite wrong facts. My old co-worker drove a 72 tbird and we used to park next to each other. There's no way you could look at them side by side and think that the delorean weighed more than the tbird.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I suspect he doesn't know the difference in a T-Bird and Panthera
    ...closer in weight and look, but no cigar....

My VIN:    5983

There's that word again.. Heavy.

So I’ve had my car for about 12 years now, and lived in my current house for the last 9 years. In all this time, I’ve never had a negative comment about the car. They’ve always been compliments, like “cool car”, and I get the thumbs up a lot when driving around.

Then the other day I’m out in the garage and my neighbor comes over to talk about something else, but we get on the subject of DeLoreans. He then says “found any cocaine in it yet?" And “you know he went to jail for that”. To which I was caught by surprise and so answered strait-laced with “No, no cocaine, and no, DeLorean never went to jail”. Then he says they call this a “snow sled”.

Then our meeting quickly ends:
    Me: I’ll see you later John, I’ve got some more work to do.
    Him: Ok Tommy, see ya later.
    Me: Ok, bye.

Shame, because he’s always been a good and helpful neighbor (still is, I guess). But I’m not sure if he even knows how insulted I was after that encounter.

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    So I’ve had my car for about 12 years now, and lived in my current house for the last 9 years. In all this time, I’ve never had a negative comment about the car. They’ve always been compliments, like “cool car”, and I get the thumbs up a lot when driving around.

Then the other day I’m out in the garage and my neighbor comes over to talk about something else, but we get on the subject of DeLoreans. He then says “found any cocaine in it yet?" And “you know he went to jail for that”. To which I was caught by surprise and so answered strait-laced with “No, no cocaine, and no, DeLorean never went to jail”. Then he says they call this a “snow sled”.

Then our meeting quickly ends:
    Me: I’ll see you later John, I’ve got some more work to do.
    Him: Ok Tommy, see ya later.
    Me: Ok, bye.

Shame, because he’s always been a good and helpful neighbor (still is, I guess). But I’m not sure if he even knows how insulted I was after that encounter.

Allow yourself to get unangry. You never know when somebody will do you a solid out of nowhere.

Page 165 of 188 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 ... LastLast