FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 173 of 188 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

My VIN:    10644

I went on a drive with some friends from work last weekend. At the meeting spot, one of the guys said, "ah, John DeLorean and his coke habit....". I explained that JZD didn't have a coke habit or a drug smuggling enterprise. I filled him in on the details of Jim Hoffman, the FBI, and the videotaped encounter. The next day he sent me a message that after the drive, he went home and watched Framing John DeLorean and now has a newfound respect for the man. I was really surprised!
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I went on a drive with some friends from work last weekend. At the meeting spot, one of the guys said, "ah, John DeLorean and his coke habit....". I explained that JZD didn't have a coke habit or a drug smuggling enterprise. I filled him in on the details of Jim Hoffman, the FBI, and the videotaped encounter. The next day he sent me a message that after the drive, he went home and watched Framing John DeLorean and now has a newfound respect for the man. I was really surprised!
    I would like to think I would have been as gracious as you, I wish I could tell you that, but cruise ins are no fairy tale world.

My VIN:    10201

The delorean was the first car I owned that would get complimented as well as all the dumb comments and BTTF references. Its been strange driving my z3 around and getting only compliments without any stupid comments. I didnt think you could have one without the other, the automotive yin yang.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    The delorean was the first car I owned that would get complimented as well as all the dumb comments and BTTF references. Its been strange driving my z3 around and getting only compliments without any stupid comments. I didnt think you could have one without the other, the automotive yin yang.
    I feel like I've been lucky. Yeah, I could have filled in the DeLorean bingo at the first show I went to, but most of what I get is thumbs up, or "nice car". Very few BTTF comments, except to say the car was in the movie.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

At a car show a couple of weeks ago, it finally occurred to me why people ask the general questions regarding the engine:
    • "Does it have that Ford Engine in it?"
    • "It's got that Chevy 350 in it, right?"
    • "Yeah that V8 was weak"

People have got to be getting that from the Bricklin SV-1. There can't be any other explanation other than folks keep getting these cars mixed up.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    4519

I don't get many stupid comments, but mostly don't mind when I do hear them. I try to have fun with it. I think most people aren't being malicious.

This past weekend as my wife & I were getting in the car, a large pickup did a slow crawl passing by ~15' away. The dude was laughing in an odd, goofy way. After I closed my wife's door, I approached him and as I walked toward him I said: "Are you laughing at my wife?!"

He stopped laughing and said: "No, I just haven't seen one of those cars before."

Me: "Oh..." (short pause.) "It's pretty cool, right?"

I chatted for about a minute and then invited him to see our local club at our next public gathering.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Not so much dumb as funny I guess, but fits better here than the 'good/positive' thread. Was at Chevron treating 2100 to its yearly bottle of uncut Techron and a guy driving a funeral delivery truck (caskets, etc) was at the pump next to me. He asked if I could go back in time and tell us all not to come to 2020.

My friend, if I could, I would have already!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Yesterday, I drove 4 hours to Maryland and then several more to Western PA to pick up some stuff (in my regular car). There had been some confusion about when I'd be there and I explained I had gotten up at 4am.

The guy pointed out that I must have used a time machine to manage all the driving. I had of course been wearing my DMCH t-shirt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Today at gas station:

"I heard this guy in Florida had a mausoleum built to take his DeLorean when he died".

Now, given what I've heard some of you guys say, this doesn't seem entirely unlikely ;-) But it
    does rather have the air of urban myth about it.

Page 173 of 188 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast