FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 184 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Jay Leno's take on John Delorean seems spot on to me. With or without the $10 story, it is well documented that JZD was pissing away VC and other loaned cash as quickly as he could to show it off and he didn't seem to mind running his company into the ground while doing so. He even followed the now standard "blame government for my poor decisions and failure" shtick after it went under. For me it seems that if Delorean had cared more about his company, he'd have spent more time in Belfast/Dunmurry to effectively run the show instead of taking first class concorde flights back and forth across the Atlantic as if it were just another commute. Which is a shame as the car really could have been a symbol against the planned obsolescent cash grab mobiles.
    "You get caught with a suitcase of cocaine...you're guilty"

Jay Leno
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

I'm not sure how that is related to what I described. While that is a commonly held view on the man, it remains in contention and can be ignored. John Delorean's failure as a business man was that he spent way too much money and did not behave in a manner that would allow a new car company to be successful. He could have created something genuinely special and he opted not to so he could commute in a Concorde jet and throw lavish parties. Even with the entrapment gimmick, it wouldn't have been so damaging to his company had he been operating it responsibly. Pretending that the drug deal was the entire reason the company failed and the only reason people think poorly of JZD but he put in a lot of effort to make that single event able to accomplish what it did. That was the core of the Jay Leno article I read some years back and it tracks with what I am able to see of John Delorean from that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    I'm not sure how that is related to what I described. While that is a commonly held view on the man, it remains in contention and can be ignored. John Delorean's failure as a business man was that he spent way too much money and did not behave in a manner that would allow a new car company to be successful. He could have created something genuinely special and he opted not to so he could commute in a Concorde jet and throw lavish parties. Even with the entrapment gimmick, it wouldn't have been so damaging to his company had he been operating it responsibly. Pretending that the drug deal was the entire reason the company failed and the only reason people think poorly of JZD but he put in a lot of effort to make that single event able to accomplish what it did. That was the core of the Jay Leno article I read some years back and it tracks with what I am able to see of John Delorean from that era.
    My point is Leno graded JZD's character (and to a lesser extent, the car's worthiness itself) based on common misconceptions that would have been easy to verify as false had he took the time to research what he was saying. JZD was no angel, but I would have hoped that anyone in a similar light be judged by facts than bs misinformation. To say he was a failed businessesman is debatable. He was HIGHLY successful. He risked it all to start his own company. It failed (or did it?). One mistake at the end of one's successful career can nullify everything he did in the past 35 years.
    Case in point...this pile of garbage he penned a few years ago:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...in-a-Briefcase
    Last edited by Michael; 01-14-2022 at 03:43 PM.

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

Agreed, one mistake can nullify all the good in a man's life or career.

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

With the announcement of the new EV, I think we're about to all embark into a new chapter of stupid. Case in point...

https://youtu.be/9fjIdTx5bEQ

They did have computers with access to the internet right in front of them, and were pretty much clueless about common facts about the car. Didn't know what the doors were called, mentioned that the skin of the original car was metallic looking.

"IF" the EV gets manufactured, I'm anticipating a whole pile of stupid for us classic DMC-12 owners. A lot of Hipster Dufas types that are suddenly going to know everything about DeLorean, but won't know anything at all.
    Living the Dream since 1993 | Board Member of the DeLorean Owners Association | Co-author of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
    Like and Follow Facebook.com/DeLoreanOwnersAssociation | Twitter @DeLoreanOwners | DOA YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by martydmc12 View Post
    With the announcement of the new EV, I think we're about to all embark into a new chapter of stupid. Case in point...

They did have computers with access to the internet right in front of them, and were pretty much clueless about common facts about the car. Didn't know what the doors were called, mentioned that the skin of the original car was metallic looking.

"IF" the EV gets manufactured, I'm anticipating a whole pile of stupid for us classic DMC-12 owners. A lot of Hipster Dufas types that are suddenly going to know everything about DeLorean, but won't know anything at all.

And?

Surely we have better things to do then care whether or not some stranger knows the complete DeLorean story.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by martydmc12 View Post

The DaVinci will be manufactured - just will have badge engineering to market it as a 'DMC'. I guess we'll all find out more in August.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

I'm usually pretty well prepared for the rare negative comment, but this guy tricked me with a compliment first. "Hey, is that a delorean?" Yes. "Wow that is really cool.........ugly as hell, but pretty cool."

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    "Hey, is that a delorean?" Yes. "Wow that is really cool.........ugly as hell, but pretty cool."
    "Well it's only one ahead of you then"

Some Instagram stupidity

Page 184 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast