FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 58 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
    Someone posted this on my wall today, hilarious story.

Attachment 14473
    I hope that guy embarrassed the hell out of him.
    1-800-273-8255

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Attachment 14473
    Dear Lord that's so brutal. Why do people have to lie about stupid shit like that. I mean, if you're going to lie, at least know something about what you're lying about.
    Or he was just delusional.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    5312, (860 sold)

Lol that's awesome, I had one just like that the other day when I took my car to a theater that was showing bttf.
    He comes up to me and says he has a bttf car he was stripping down and putting a Cadillac North Star motor in it. I was thinkin how the hell is that even gonna fit, but I didn't say anything because who knows maybe he will figure it out. It was untill he said that D's all came with 4 cylinders and that's when I called bullshit. I said no they all had 6 cylinders, then he wanted to argue with me about it. The. He walked away..

My VIN:    3299

I remember I used to entertain people's BS, but then they get all toe-to-toe with you about it. NOW, when they try it, I flat out state one or more of the following: "No" "You're wrong" "That's absolutely incorrect" "Well, that sure would be great if what you're saying was either actually right or true." "Where TF did you hear something like that?" or "Did you hear that from someone who owns a DeLorean? Because if they didn't, you are being played for a sucker."

I make it VERY obviously VERY quickly "Hey, I own the car you're oogling at, pal. DO NOT try my knowledge." I have noticed that NO ONE tries me now.

And don't get me wrong, I am not an a$$hole to people - QUITE the opposite. I am very soft-spoken and outgoing to people that love the car and are super-excited to see it. But man, when some grey-haired fart as PepBoys wants to tell me about MY CAR, watch out.

Here's a good one from today: 3 hillybilly guys come walking up to me (I'm from Florabama - I say "hillbilly" to describe them, not to belittle).

him: "You looking to sell it??"

me: "Maybe"

him: "How much you want?"

me: "How much you got?"

him: "Not much"

me: "Yeah, you prolly won't want to know my price tag. I'll ask something crazy like Dodge Viper price territory. But there's 2 reasons I would: 1. I know it runs and 2. I did nearly all the work to get it that way."

I could tell he felt stung, but I figured that will be that, and we can continue the discussion about the car.

We continue to make small talk regarding the restoration of the car, and I guess he wanted to try to save face in front of his friends with this one:

"Yeah, when I was asking you how much you wanted, I figured I was going to offer you $1000 for it."

To which I quickly fired back:

"$1000 will buy you one of the doors - bare metal with no wiring, mechanical parts, mirrors, or trim. Is that what you're ready to spend for it ?"

That pretty much finished up that conversation.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssaleen View Post
    Lol that's awesome, I had one just like that the other day when I took my car to a theater that was showing bttf.
    He comes up to me and says he has a bttf car he was stripping down and putting a Cadillac North Star motor in it. I was thinkin how the hell is that even gonna fit, but I didn't say anything because who knows maybe he will figure it out. It was untill he said that D's all came with 4 cylinders and that's when I called bullshit. I said no they all had 6 cylinders, then he wanted to argue with me about it. The. He walked away..
    Not to give this guy any credibility but a Northstar engine will fit. I assume it fits about as we'll as my LS1 but it has been done before. I originally planned on doing the Northstar engine until I realized how much better the LS1 engine is. Biggest advantage of the northstar is that they are a dime a dozen, usually less than 1/3 the cost of the LS. Tons of vehicles with them and the engines are usually less that $1000. (Somewhere around here I have a bunch of photos collected of the Northstar DMC.

Still sounds like the guy you were talking to was nuts though.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Attachment 14473
    He bought a Fierro....

My VIN:    01955

Attended a local car show on Sunday and the Mrs and I overheard a guy talk to his mate.

"A fake Delorean, this isn't the real thing."

My Mrs laughed and I started to glow red.

Mrs says to me, "Can't he tell it's SS?"

"Obviously not. He's never seen a Delorean, let alone, anything in SS."

Are people really that stupid? Must have been Dumber and Dumber checking out my car.

My VIN:    3299

Man, you guys have the worst luck I swear. I really and truly can't remember the last time someone said anything mean about my car. Just today, had 2 people want pictures with it, had a girl that looked in her early-mid 20's come up and love the car, had another couple come up to me asking about the car, and had 1-2 others come up and say nothing but nice things/polite questions.

I dunno - maybe after 9 years, my "initiation period" is finally over !!!!

Whoops - scrolled up the page and was reminded about an incident from last month. Oh well, the good WAY outweigh the bad!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    01955

But you know what really grinds me? My neice.

She came over on the weekend and I've had my D for a year and a half and she has not seen it. Briefly heard I had one but her comment was "A what?" She's never watched BTTF and she's 21.
    Thought, doesn't matter, when she sees the car, she will get blown away by the "WOW!" factor.
    So I had it out of the garage in the driveway and she comes over and straight into the house. "Did you see the Delorean?" "The what?" "The car in the driveway." "Was there a car?" Took her out to have another look and she just looks puzzled. Open the doors and she goes "That's pretty cool. I'll take some pics for my BF as he may know what it is." She walks straight back into the house.

Mind you, she thinks her Toyota Corolla is THE best car in the world. Yeah, whatever ..........

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    had a girl that looked in her early-mid 20's come up and love the car
    Did you get her number? I know you're married, but I'm still on the market!

(Only kidding, although I so would've taken that somewhere had that happened to me )

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    My neice [...] came over on the weekend and I've had my D for a year and a half and she has not seen it. Briefly heard I had one but her comment was "A what?" She's never watched BTTF and she's 21.
    Thought, doesn't matter, when she sees the car, she will get blown away by the "WOW!" factor.
    So I had it out of the garage in the driveway and she comes over and straight into the house. "Did you see the Delorean?" "The what?" "The car in the driveway." "Was there a car?" Took her out to have another look and she just looks puzzled. Open the doors and she goes "That's pretty cool. I'll take some pics for my BF as he may know what it is." She walks straight back into the house.

Mind you, she thinks her Toyota Corolla is THE best car in the world. Yeah, whatever ..........
    I've got a feeling she's one of those types that can't tell a Corvair from a LaSalle, and is only interested in the "modern" cars. Maybe you should give her the BTTF blu-ray pack for Christmas this year

Page 58 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast