FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 59 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    3299

Women, for the most part, do NOT care about cars.

Now girls, on the other hand, they do care about what you drive. I make that sharp contrast because if a girl notices what you drive and is more into your car than you - watch out. Might be a 1 night thing, or it could be someone looking for a free ride.

Whereas women may admire your car, or they may not care less. Simply put, women want something reliable that gets them from A to B - they don't care if it says "Zonda" or "Ascari" on it, and it doesn't have to have a bull or a black horse on it to get their attention. They just want reliable transportation.

That's 95% of the time - true. Then there are very few, select women that ARE into cars, but most of them get so blasted by the male population on the internet that they "lay low" and don't make it known for fear of being the center of attention, very unnecessarily criticized just because of their gender, or constantly pandered to - where they just want to fit in and talk with the rest of the "car guys".

Anyways, enough of that. I'm guilty of going .
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    if a girl notices what you drive and is more into your car than you - watch out. Might be a 1 night thing, or it could be someone looking for a free ride.
    And why is there a problem with this...?

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

On the quick subject of women and cars from the previous post - I surprised my 12 year old niece yesterday by picking her up from school in the D (she didn't know I was even passing through town). Whereas the other kids looked in awe (too young for most all to know BTTF), she couldn't get in the car fast enough and drive away in embarrassment. However when her father pulls up in his half restored 79 vette, no issues. I don't get it. I guess this is suburban North Carolina for ya! (just say'in...)
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Today I went to Les Schwab to talk to them about an alignment and the guy looks out the window to see the car and says, "It's a GMC chassis, right?" I said, "No, it's DMC, as in DeLorean."

I also asked them to check the rear toe, but not to adjust it with generic shims if it needs adjusting because I have special shims for it. He then looks at me and asks, "Why would you ever buy a car like that?!" Ok, dude. Because I have special shims for my car, that should disqualify it from me wanting to purchase it? I didn't know what to say, so I just looked at him and said, "Why wouldn't I?" He then asked if it was the car that Michael J. Fox drove. He was very nice and helpful apart from those stupid comments.

Aside from that, I was happily surprised that they have the car alignment specs in their system. I have had great alignment experiences with this particular location in years past on my Jeep, so I believe I have found the shop to perform the alignment on the D!
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I also asked them to check the rear toe, but not to adjust it with generic shims if it needs adjusting because I have special shims for it. He then looks at me and asks, "Why would you ever buy a car like that?!" Ok, dude. Because I have special shims for my car, that should disqualify it from me wanting to purchase it? I didn't know what to say, so I just looked at him and said, "Why wouldn't I?"
    It's hard to tell from the context given, but are you sure he asked that only because of the shims? Then again, they are a tire shop, so it's not quite as farfetched as if they were, say, an all-purpose mechanic asking the same question in that scenario; he only experiences a limited part of the car, and does not get the "whole picture" working only on alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    He then asked if it was the car that Michael J. Fox drove.
    He drove the DeLorean in all three BTTF movies, and in other events since the movie, so...

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Got one yesterday despite my car still being in bits in the workshop. I mentioned I was working on a DeLorean and a business partner said 'ah yes, with the natural aluminium body'. I said it was 304 stainless made in the city he lived in (Sheffield) but he kept insisting that no, no, it was aluminium. That was my first time seeing that strange effect everyone reports here, where someone who vaguely knew of the car automatically assumes they know better than someone who owns/constantly works on them. I am sure it will not be the last time.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    He drove the DeLorean in all three BTTF movies, and in other events since the movie, so...
    He drove a DeLorean. The guy was asking if he drove that DeLorean.

I had the same question when I first got mine. The guy unloading it off the truck asked if mine was the one they used in the movie.
    - Chris

what

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

What he said ^^
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Banned

Most people just ask me if its true about the cocaine. I tell them yes and ask if they would like a sample.

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by chenderson2k View Post
    Most people just ask me if its true about the cocaine. I tell them yes and ask if they would like a sample.

Page 59 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast