FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 188 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I came up with a card to give to people like that, but I never found the gumption to actually get it printed, much less hand it to anyone:

Attachment 1460

Yeah, I have a weird sense of humour.

Farrar

I love it! I usually set my homepage as this on different forums..

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

Quote Originally Posted by T_Stanley View Post
    What really brings my piss to a boil is going on Youtube and watching all these DeLorean videos and reading all the dumbass comments. I just found one tonight saying that "My Moms uncle designed these cars for Mr. Delorian back in '82" Number one: why is DeLorean so hard to spell for some people? Number two: if you're going to attempt to BS people, at least do some homework on the subject.

Edit: Just got a response from the guy (who is only 11 years old) saying that Bill Collins is the person he was referring to. Could be BS, could be legit, but I guess we'll never know
    At least most of those comments end up becoming hidden due to the numerous thumbs downs they get. At the same time, the people making positive comments about our cars get the thumbs up and there are more of the positive than the negative. Like the guy that commented, "The best car ever made". Looks like you've seen Fireball Tim's video. Even I made a comment there two years ago and got only two thumbs up but still good.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    While we're on the subject of youtube, may I present to you, the 2012 Delorean!

That's actually a one-off car designed in 1991 by Giorgetto Giugiaro. I guess that's the only link to Delorean I can find.

Of course the poster disabled comments on the video, making it impossible for anyone to point that out
    I put that video together. It was an excersise to evoke an emotional feeling about the resurgence of an icon. I paired the music/scenes to get that. The Nazca seemed like a good replacement. In reality it just made the "know it all" types mad. Actually BMW made 3 of those cars(that I know of). You would not believe the negative comments I got from that video,...it's obvious what kind of car that is. Some people really get bent out of shape that it would be funny if it were not so sad. I just disabled everything to keep all the "I know more than you" types from pestering me.

What I don't get is how Youtube knew to put the BMW Nazca in the related videos. There is no mention of Nazca or BMW in the tags, title, etc. The video itself mentions it, but I didn't realize that Youtube software had the capability to read text in video form to create a related video list.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I find a good way to shine up these knuckle heads with all their unsolicited "2 cents worth" garbage about "ya, well, he was a crook anyway" or "these cars almost bankrupted the Nova Scotia government you know" is to summon up your most sarcastic face you can and say something like "well thank you very much for your opinion... I'm really glad I asked you for it" with a brief blank stare in his direction followed by a WHATEVER-donkey-turn-around back to the normal people checking out the car.

Funny thing is, eventually you can spot the people dying to make these comments before they've even said them. They seem to just be hovering aimlessly around the car waiting for you to say something to them... ready to fire off a tiraid of some unfounded anger they have against the car. I saw this this past weekend... after ignoring the guy the first time he was at the car, not giving him the satisfaction of getting off his chest whatever crap he wanted to say, he actually came back on his way out, AGAIN hoping I would humour him. Nope. Take your negativity somewhere else partner.

Awesome dude.

I flat-out don't go to shows or cruise ins here anymore. Without going into tirades, I am just fed up and done with it. Disrespectful people have ruined it for everyone else, and they can GFT as the link earlier states so aptly. When I used to go to shows though, I laminated things like these and set them on my windshield (I claim no credit to either of these!):

It got the point across with very little needing to be said: the jokes are 30 years old - come up with something new.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

So I went to my local car show the other day (Not with my car) and I see a Delorean parked there. I've been doing this show for the last few years and have never seen another D out there other than a BTTF one for Star cars night.
    Anyways I walk up to the car which was in overall nice condition and start talking to the owner. Late 20' early 30's guy. He told me he had just recently bought the car. At that point I started to barrage him with dumb comment after dumb comment to see how he would react. He needs a little work with dealing with the comments but that will come with time. After a few minutes of firing of the classic dumb comments/Questions mixed in with some facts I told him I was also a owner and you could see the sigh of relief.
    He told he was thinking to himself what the hell is this guy thinking, where did he get this information.
    I told him about the forum so maybe he will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmxwheels23 View Post
    After a few minutes of firing of the classic dumb comments/Questions mixed in with some facts I told him I was also a owner and you could see the sigh of relief.
    He told he was thinking to himself what the hell is this guy thinking, where did he get this information.
    I wish I coulda seen that one xD
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I always had it in my mind that if I ever saw another owner I would do that..maybe.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hey, my comment bingo card lives! I thought it went down with DMCTalk.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Hey, my comment bingo card lives! I thought it went down with DMCTalk.

Farrar
    Can't have that happen (: ....

Both Comment Bingo and the Certificate of Originality live on (: ...
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmxwheels23 View Post
    So I went to my local car show the other day (Not with my car) and I see a Delorean parked there. I've been doing this show for the last few years and have never seen another D out there other than a BTTF one for Star cars night.
    Anyways I walk up to the car which was in overall nice condition and start talking to the owner. Late 20' early 30's guy. He told me he had just recently bought the car. At that point I started to barrage him with dumb comment after dumb comment to see how he would react. He needs a little work with dealing with the comments but that will come with time. After a few minutes of firing of the classic dumb comments/Questions mixed in with some facts I told him I was also a owner and you could see the sigh of relief.
    I told him about the forum so maybe he will show up.
    If someone randomly came up to me and bombarded me with stupid D question after another, they would likely get told to piss or F**k off.. Just letting it be known publically.. You have had your warning.. lol

Page 8 of 188 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast