FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Antenna options

My VIN:    06960

My 2013 Pioneer head unit leaves the antenna up if I'm listening to an iPod or Bluetooth source. Was a little disappointed at that. Haven't actually tried the CD player yet. My <aftermarket> power antenna quit working (stuck up) a few weeks ago. Its the ONLY thing to break so far this year with 4 months of daily driving. And by all logical means, it SHOULD lower it when not in use. It has two auxiliary switched outputs. One labeled for antenna (only on with tuner), and one for an amplifier (on with head unit).
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    3305

Ok thanks, I'm not that radio listener so my antenna could be broken and I wouldn't miss it, but I'd love to listen to Cds or tapes while cruising!

I hope that a broken antenna system does not affect the cassette playing... isn't it?

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Provided the cassette deck itself is sound, then you'll be fine listening to tapes with a broken antenna.

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    It should only pop up when the tuner is on. Any modern head-unit will only power up the antenna when you're looking for a broadcast signal.
    This isn't true, I have a current-model Pioneer headunit (AVH-X7500BT) and the "remote" wire is on anytime the source is set to anything but "off" -- because it's often used as a turn-on signal for an external amp.

Quote Originally Posted by kobachi View Post
    This isn't true, I have a current-model Pioneer headunit (AVH-X7500BT) and the "remote" wire is on anytime the source is set to anything but "off" -- because it's often used as a turn-on signal for an external amp.
    Not always the case though. The Kenwood I have in my Civic has two wires, one labeled "Remote" and one labeled "Ant". "Remote" is designed for amps (on whenever music is on), and "Ant" is designed for power antennas (on with radio only). I got it two or three years ago, but newer variants do the same thing. Are you sure you don't have two wires for that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2