FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bttf D's vins and build dates

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think 01076 was in Roscoe IL, but it may now be in the UK (Cars of the stars museum), but I'm not 100% sure

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?29...0524#post40524

{Just realised that I may have double counted this car in my 65 car total - oops}

At Roscoe:

Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    04610

I've been told too that the original Desert Car #2 was in the Cars of the Stars museum in the UK at the moment, but I never actually believed it. For sure, can this be the original one from the movie?

I've collected a few pictures of the UK car over the last few years; is this the actual one they used in the movie? I've always thought this was a replica?

BTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 01.jpgBTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 05.jpgBTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 03.jpgBTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 04.jpgBTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 02.jpgBTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 10.jpgBTTF 3 Cars the Star UK 06.jpg

I hope that someone can shed a light on this ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
    VIN#04610

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Thanks! This car will stay as-is, it is already restored to the way it was in the movie, just the way we like it! We have two other D's, another time machine and a completely stock original one to drive. This one, I hate to say, is a trailer queen.....
    I remember the topic in the old forums when it was mentioned that a DeLorean with ugly colored seats was converted into a time machine due to their obsession. Then someone there, not here, bought it in hopes of unconverting it back. I guess that was one instance; this car had much better care. Hmmm...

Hmm, well, anyway, I was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I've been told too that the original Desert Car #2 was in the Cars of the Stars museum in the UK at the moment, but I never actually believed it. For sure, can this be the original one from the movie?

I've collected a few pictures of the UK car over the last few years; is this the actual one they used in the movie? I've always thought this was a replica?

I hope that someone can shed a light on this ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
    VIN#04610
    I have never really got to the bottom of this. There were two COTS museums for a while in the UK (one in England and one in Scotland) and each one had a BTTF car (or possible the same one moving around - not sure). One of the museums has now closed, so I'm not sure what the real story is any more.
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

[QUOTE=Andy;38329]

One is rotting at Universal Studios Hollywood in the backlot.

Is this car still in the backlot at hollywood??

My VIN:    04610

[QUOTE=gasflaphoodfan95;76818]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

One is rotting at Universal Studios Hollywood in the backlot.

Is this car still in the backlot at hollywood??
    Actually, I have no idea at this point (I'm from Belgium!). I have a few pictures of a BTTF-DeLorean (see first post) 'rotting' away in the backlot of the Universal Studios, but I have no date on these photos, so I don't know ...

Anybody here has access to the backlot of Universal Studios? I would very much like to know if there's still a DeLorean there somewhere ...

Is this not the car that the Time Machine Restoration guys are restoring?
    Dermot

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

The car is indeed still on the backlot as my girlfriend grabbed a picture of it on the studio tour in August. Not a great picture, but
    was taken on 22/8/2012

backlot.jpg

What a sad sight

My VIN:    6125

VIN 5261 AKA the "A car" is the only original car remaining from part I and is the car that is currently being restored by the Time Machine Restoration team.

There is another DeLorean sitting on the back lot of universal hollywood that is a replica built by Jay Ohrberg. The car itself was not used in any of the three films but was built with a few original parts from the locomotive destroyed "B-car".

The car at Universal Studios Florida was on screen briefly in part III to perform the train wheelie stunt and is also the car that rolls across the train intersection at the end of part III.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    The car is indeed still on the backlot as my girlfriend grabbed a picture of it on the studio tour in August. Not a great picture, but
    was taken on 22/8/2012

backlot.jpg

What a sad sight
    This is the Ohrberg replica car and is not screen used.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast