FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For Sale Threads: Rules of Engagement

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I don't agree with bashing of any kind in for sale threads. Take it to PM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I have a question (for everyone actually).
    If this is the way it is to handled, could the PM's be sent to buyer and/or seller?

I ask because all this relates to something bugging me over items being offered not too long ago. I noticed that they were priced significantly higher than they could be found on the net -- Exact same item(s) for ~2/3 the asking price, shipped. I didn't want to trash "his" thread or see fellow members get the shaft.
    Would you have posted a link? Please answer Yes or No.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I have a question (for everyone actually).
    If this is the way it is to handled, could the PM's be sent to buyer and/or seller?

I ask because all this relates to something bugging me over items being offered not too long ago. I noticed that they were priced significantly higher than they could be found on the net -- Exact same item(s) for ~2/3 the asking price, shipped. I didn't want to trash "his" thread or see fellow members get the shaft.
    Would you have posted a link? Please answer Yes or No.
    Are you talking about an eBay seller? Honestly, I'm tempted to start selling starters and alternators on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Are you talking about an eBay seller? Honestly, I'm tempted to start selling starters and alternators on ebay.
    You know I'm not going to answer that...
    Was that a yes or no?

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    You know I'm not going to answer that...
    Was that a yes or no?
    Depends.

No thanks, I'm not that old!

Eh?

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Eh?
    An exagerrated example:

"Your car/part/service is garbage/overpriced/performed by asshole therefore, it is only worth a coupon for a bowl of soup, or perhaps less."

Etc.

I've seen in happen on other auto boards where people talk down something someone else has just to try to get it cheaper themselves... or just because they can. Not that spite exists on these boards. I'm NOT talking about legit discussion, but abuse disguised as such.

An exagerrated example:

"Your car/part/service is garbage/overpriced/performed by asshole therefore, it is only worth a coupon for a bowl of soup, or perhaps less."

Etc.

I've seen in happen on other auto boards where people talk down something someone else has just to try to get it cheaper themselves... or just because they can. Not that spite exists on these boards. I'm NOT talking about legit discussion, but abuse disguised as such.
    Ahhhh.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

For Sale section rules can now be found at the top of each "For Sale" section.

You can read the new rules here:

"For Sale" Section Rules

1. Items posted for sale in any section must be for items you personally own. Do not post ads for parts or cars you saw for sale online somewhere, including ebay ads that are not yours. These threads will be deleted.

2. All posts must include the following:
    a. Price
    b. Item's location (city, state or country *if located outside the US*)
    c. Seller's Contact Information

3. A person may sell their item for whatever price they want. Please do not make any comments about their asking price being too high. If no one buys it, the seller can lower their price.

4. Persons wishing to sell items on DMCTalk.org MUST have a minimum of 20 posts (not including replies such as "lol", smilies, etc.) If you are not a member of this community, we would like to know you a little bit before you try selling items through DMCTalk.org. If you must sell an item earlier, please contact one of the Administrators.

5. If you are posting parts for someone else, you are responsible for the transaction. Make sure you really want to be the middle-man in the transaction.

6. DMCTalk.org, it's owners, administrators, moderators, etc. are NOT responsible for the items sold, or the transactions. We basically provide advertising space, that's it. No guarantees, warranties, etc. stated or implied.

7. Once an item has been labeled as SOLD, the thread will be locked so it can not be revived. If you wish to look up an old item, please use the "search" feature.

8. Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump,good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed.
    Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item.

9. An item may be bumped by the seller every 10 days.

10. If you have a question about an item you have purchased (such as for shipping), please contact the SELLER VIA PM OR EMAIL. Do NOT start a thread inquiring where your item is.

11. Any seller scamming, or attempting to scam members of DMCTalk.org will be banned immediately.

12. Vendors offering items for sale may do so; however you may NOT counter offer a similar product or item in a competitor's thread. You may start your own thread and offer your bottom line price. Bidding wars will be deleted. You may do bidding on parts and services via PM.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast