FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiero Indy Pace Car Restoration.

My VIN:    3045

Fiero Indy Pace Car Restoration.

Since my build thread disappeared. I figured I would just post the latest build photo. Currently the car is 96% restored. If desired I will post all the photos that were missed.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nice looking Fiero.

More pics is good
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3997

I really enjoyed following your old thread. If you are willing, I'd love to see you post the progress up to this point.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Club(s):   (GCD)

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00 View Post
    Since my build thread disappeared. I figured I would just post the latest build photo. Currently the car is 96% restored. If desired I will post all the photos that were missed.

Nice! Hang on to that one. I had an '87 GT in the mid '90's. Fun car, and the pace car edition makes it even cooler!

Cool well here is the progress.

Here I am changing the hood.

Here are some photos of the car.

Here is the interior.

Here is the seat recovered. I love Mr Mike!!

Motor torn apart! It had some oil leaks, needed new vacuum lines and a full and complete tune up. We will also do motor mounts.

Talk about luck. As we tore into the motor we found a awesome surprise. This car has a brand new motor!! The head was SPOTLESS, and we pulled the push rod cover and it was new in there as well. We even could see plain marks on the top of the block between the head. No doubt about it, this is a new motor.

I finished the other seat today. And we are still working on the mechanical work. Hopefully by the end of the weekend it should be back on the road.

Old nasty seat.

All better.

These will look sharp in the car.

We changed out the front shocks today. Little by little its coming back to life.

Today we did AC work and started the rear wheel bearings.

Sorry I haven't updated this thread in awhile. I still have been very busy with the Indy. The paint and body are now done, and we will be starting on the final assembly soon. Also all the mechanical work is competed, so the car runs and drives like new, we even rebuild the AC system so now it has ice cold AC.

Here are the photos.

For those of you that are following along here is today's update.

So the old valve cover was bent so I got another one. I cleaned and repainted it. These photos suck because they are camera phone photos, but in real life everything looks much better. I will be applying the indy decals to this cover (or painting them on).

Also the carpet was in sad shape so I replaced it. I was happy to find a perfect floor board under the carpet.

After I installed the carpet I had my detail shop at work detail the whole car. Its looks amazing, just like a brand new Indy. Once again the photos suck.

Lots of little details left, when this is done its going to be amazing.

Just wanted to show an update as to where I am currently on this build. Please tell me what you think!!

I still have to repaint the air cleaner and add the decals to the valve cover.

Club(s):   (DCF)

I really like what you've done. You are pretty awesome with those Fiero's. I'd like to have one to tool around in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I really like what you've done. You are pretty awesome with those Fiero's. I'd like to have one to tool around in.
    Thank you! I have restored so many Fieros over the years. I started restoring them when they were only a few years old. I have always be a fan of these little cars. IMO they are the best bang for the buck for the small sports car market. The next closest would be the first gen Miatas.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Man, that's a neat little car. I had the chance to buy a red pace car a few years back, but decided against it. Now I half regret it.

What impresses me most is the quality job with the seats. I've seen many where there are traces of frills from just punching holes in the headrest to accommodate the speakers, but yours are clean and crisp.

On a semi-related note, I've always fantasized about adding a pair of Fiero seats to a DeLorean so that way the car would have an 8-speaker stereo system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast