FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Searchable Workshop/Technical/Bulletins and Volvo Engine Manuals

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

Searchable Workshop/Technical/Bulletins and Volvo Engine Manuals

I've scanned my own PJ Grady sourced Workshop, Bulletin and Technical manuals for my own use, as well as my Volvo Engine Repair and Maintenance, Reconditioning and CI Fuel System manuals. These are reasonably high-quality scans (ScanSnap document scanners are quite handy for this sort of thing), but the really nice bit is that I've run them all through FineReader's OCR software to create searchable PDFs of each manual. Since OCR isn't 100%, I converted it using the "text under images" mode (I call it a "hybrid" file). This means that the searchable text (which will be mostly correct) isn't visible on the page, as the original scanned image (which is actually correct) is laid over it. These scans are color where applicable (and sometimes where not).

I put them all on my DropBox and sync them to my computers, iPhone and iPad (through GoodReader) so that they're always available. The files clock in at 8 to 35 MB each (85 MB total).

I tried to attach them to this forum post directly, but only the smallest (~5 MB) file would upload. I figure I probably hit a file size limit (odd that it doesn't tell you that until AFTER it's uploaded the file). I've put them all in my DropBox's Public folder instead. If an admin would like to move them to the forum proper, it would be much appreciated.

Anyway, enjoy!

-- Joe
    Last edited by Ron; 02-02-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: BROKE LINKS