FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We want your DeLorean

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    161 Museum Drive, Hershey PA...or did I miss something?
    Should have read "weren't in TN that week. "
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Shameless bump for an incredibly worthy cause. Gentlemen, if you are thinking about attending, please register. The more early registrants we get, the more "clout" we have when trying to obtain sponsors. Thankyou for your consideration.

http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

Just a quick reminder about this very worthy event. There's just over 3 weeks left to register. Also, for you racing enthusiasts, we have a real Formula 1 car attending. It's a 2003 Jordan. Check it out here: http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

Two DeLorean's are registered so far!!!!

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    Here's video of many of the cars as they left the show last year. We 3 Deloreans were obviously the "riff-raff" of the show being the cheapest/slowest cars there, but still a nice event.

Who stuck that Fiero in there?

Only 3 weeks left to register. There are 2 DeLorean's signed up so far. Anyone else?

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by tclark View Post
    Only 3 weeks left to register.
    I have a feeling I wouldn't be turned away if I just randomly showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I have a feeling I wouldn't be turned away if I just randomly showed up.
    You are correct, you probably would not be turned away. The problem that exists with simply showing up is that we have to lay out the show field in advance, and obviously it helps to know how many cars there will be in each category. Additionally, the advanced registration allows us to more accurately plan for food requirements as well as the number of museum passes that we need to buy. But by all means, please try to make the trip. You would surely be traveling the greatest distance.

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to those who have registered so far. And of course, there's always room for more! There is a caravan coming up from Virginia which will have several stops along the way to pick up people from various locations. Some of you guys from the south may wish to join in at one of the locations. I have copied this information from another site. It includes where and what times the caravan will be stopping:

CRUISE DETAILS - VA/MD GROUP
    In order to accommodate everyone interested in driving up together Sat. morning, we’ll use the same route from last year with a few small changes (example: meeting at Rutter’s in York, PA instead of the McDonalds). The show opens at 10:00am and my goal is to get us there by 9:00am so that we have time to clean off the cars a bit. We will be stopped at each location to allow people to arrive and to refuel as needed. For the most part, this is a moving train so it’s your responsibility to meetup with us at any given location (although obviously we’ll try to accommodate). PM me if you want my cell number.

In addition, it would be helpful to know if anyone is planning on joining the group at the Ikea College Park location. We stopped and waited last year and no one was there. If no one plans on meeting us there we can just skip it, so it would be nice to know in advance. Again, we have no problem stopping there if that’s a convenient spot for people. Regarding the other locations, it doesn't really matter who is planning on showing because we will be stopping there for the agreed upon time regardless. We should have a few minutes of flexibility to wait for someone, but I’m not keeping a checklist of attendees. Please be respectful of others and show up on time.

I will be leading the caravan (2008 Viper), but if at any point you want to pass me you should feel free. Everyone will know where we’re going and when we’re going to get there, so we can just catch up with you. Again, we’ll be stopping almost every 45 mins. for water, food, fuel, etc. so that shouldn’t be a big problem if we get broken up.

What to bring:
    - Quick detailer, cloths, etc. if you want to clean your car before the show.
    - Smart phone, navigation system, or atlas.
    - Camera, walkie talkie, etc.
    - Please also arrive at your first stop with a fuel tank of gas.
    - A printed copy of this post and the map below.

PRINT THIS MAP:
    http://g.co/maps/c66uy

A. TYSONS CORNER, VA [arrive whenever – leave by 5:10am] (gasp): The Northern VA people should meet at the Starbucks in Tysons Corner, VA. (8520 Suite D, Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA, 22103, 703-760-7037). This should be a familiar location to many and it’s close to the beltway. We are leaving VERY early and will be on a tight timeline, but there is just no way to hit all of our check points without doing so. I HIGHLY suggest getting here early if you are coming from further South so that we don’t leave you behind. I’ll try to get there by 4:40am.

[30 min drive to College Park, MD]

B. COLLEGE PARK, MD [arrive 5:40am – leave by 6:00am]: We will be meeting a group of MD folks at the IKEA parking lot in College Park (10100 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD 20740). Again, this should be a familiar location to people. We won’t be stopping for long, but it should give us enough of a window to connect.

[45 min drive to Baltimore, MD]

C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: We will combine forces with the Baltimore group at the Bob Evans (400 W. Padonia Rd., Luthersville-Timonium, MD 21093). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break. You can get fuel at the next stop should you need it.

[45 min drive to York, PA]

D. YORK, PA [arrive 7:55am – leave 8:15am]: We can make a short stop at the Rutter’s Farm Store in York, PA (160 North Hills Rd (at Industrial Hwy), York, PA 17402, (717-755-4000). We’ve met up here a few times and it’s just off the highway. Plenty of food and gas available.

[45 min drive to Hershey, PA]

E. HERSHEY, PA [arrive at 9:00am]: There will be signs for the entrance to the show. We should also have enough flexibility in the schedule to account for some unexpected delays and still get there on time to clean the cars a little (Antique Auto Club of America Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, 717-566-7100).

In general, I hope these locations and times make sense, but again, let me know if you have any questions. As always, we will be taking a fairly leisurely pace up there. If it’s too slow for you then, feel free to pass and we’ll meet you at the next location.

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

I am somewhat confused by the acceptable cars... I could bring my Alfa romeo 164 (which is a Saab 9000, just more poorly done) - but I can't bring an actual Saab? IMO, a car like a 1978 99-turbo (the first turbocharged car to use a wastegate) is a much more "exotic" car than say an alfa romeo 164 or a Milano, which are totally main stream and have basically made it into "beater status"

And if you are including Alfa romeo, you really should include a whole host of other car co's that are not included. I'd also say my Citroen CXA is pretty darn exotic, way more so than an Alfa.

But DeLorean IS acceptable? What about a "fauxrarri? (Fiero based kit car) - can those show up?
    Still rocking the Ducellier

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

Cool, thanks for the route description. We York area DMCs will likely rendezvous @ Rutters. We'll take up the rear & try to keep up, but still adding to the spectacle that is an I-83 exotic parade.

BTW, how many DMCs do you have registered so far? I know there were 2 a couple weeks ago (myself & someone else).

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast