FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: The Mouse was in the House – DM goes to DMCH

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

The Mouse was in the House – DM goes to DMCH

Last week I was fortunate enough to visit James and Steven at DMCH. This was my first time at any of the franchises so I had been looking forward to it.

My job sent me to a site near Austin, so I flew into Houston instead and drove over to the worksite (in my awesome “premium” category rental 2010 Dodge Charger – a car that truly captured the handling prowess of my ’92 Buick Lesabre like no other car) and back and then showed up at their door early Wednesday morning. I had checked with James beforehand that there would be someone there and James kindly gave up his time to give me the “tourist tour” of the warehouse and workshop.

I could have walked those aisles all day. It was weird to think that those very racks had once stood on a factory floor near where I grew up. Many are still stamped with “DeLorean – Dunmurry”.

I loved the way they had removed the faces of the crates that store the SS panels to create an great silver display. They have some cool factory test equipment and panel graining jigs.

Parts carousels from the factory

While there were a half dozen cars out front, the workshop area was packed with cars being worked on, or waiting for owner direction. I was in there around lunchtime, so not much was actually going on. The Stage III car was there, albeit somewhat disassembled. One customers car was in for fender repair, another was in the process of getting one of Ed Uding’s stainless roof panels installed – looks really nice..

I had a look at some of the other new products – dashes, fiberglass facia, and binnacle. I had read some reviews of the dash, some unfavorable, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It looks really good. Sure, it could be softer, but at the asking price I can’t complain. I’ll be getting one when the binnacles are ready. James showed me the various revisions of the binnacle and some of the problems they have been having. He’ll be very glad when it’s done .

Fuel sender

The front facia he showed me was fantastic, well made and well painted. I didn’t see one on a car though, which would have been nice. I forgot to ask if they have a rear facia available in the same material.

My biggest disappointment was that the EV was still en-route from the LA shows, so I couldn’t see it. New tub was on display, though. Here is a window into the construction:

So thanks to James, Steven and Cameron for giving me a great D-day.
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

That is really cool. Excellent pictures!
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

I need to see the DMCH again soon. The first time I visited the place, I literally almost fainted in excitement looking at all those DeLoreans out front and the DMC sign as I was coming in. I got a chance to get a tour through the warehouse back in 2007, too, and it was the best time I've ever had. Even spent thirty minutes looking at a car in the tiny museum while James did his usual work after the tour. While doing that, I've had a bit of fun opening and shutting the separate gas flap. I found my head was barely below the highest part under one of the doors that was up while standing (I'm 5'3" btw). When I buy a car, I'll have to take advantage of that so I don't accidentally bump my head every time I exit out. Oh, speaking of that, I did accidentally bump my head on the opened door while still "inspecting" the car out of pleasure.

Then, I came back in 2009 with my mom for a quick visit. I still have the two pictures of the cars in the museum on my cell, which I have ONLY used as a screen background for my phone just for my own pleasure by the way.

I do hope the event on Saturday commences. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to visit the DMC anyway on my own time. I am so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    I do hope the event on Saturday commences. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to visit the DMC anyway on my own time. I am so excited.
    Karin, be sure to let Alexis (or James or someone) at DMC know by tomorrow that you want to come. You must RSVP I understand, either by phone or email. See Tx club web site for contact info.

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 01-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Karin, be sure to let Alexis (or James or someone) at DMC know by tomorrow that you want to come. You must RSVP I understand, either by phone or email. See Tx club web site for contact info.

Thomas

Don't worry, I got the email and already contacted Alexis. I am good to go for that on Saturday. Only now, my dad is instructing me to get some money from my bank plus I'll have to put gas on my car. One of those just-in-case things. Those I'll do tomorrow.
    Last edited by Karin; 01-26-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Glad you had a great experience, thanks for shaing the pics.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

cool photos, Dermot! thanks for sharing.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    The front fascia he showed me was fantastic, well made and well painted. I didn’t see one on a car though, which would have been nice. I forgot to ask if they have a rear fascia available in the same material.
    The last time I read in the following thread, they were saying there are no plans yet for a rear fiberglass fascia, since there is still some stock of those. Maybe that's changed though, it's been a while since I've looked at it.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?20...ght=fiberglass
    Derek L
    VIN 5302