FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Am

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Am

I thought I would resurrect this thread. I recorded the new episodes from April and pulled any shots that show the DeLorean in the background. I actually think this is going to be kind of fun to see the end result of this thing, even if to many it will be considered a "bastard - D".

I think they are custom making new SS panel additions, and that this will still be all SS by the end. The screen shot that shows the door additions is interesting, as it is probably hollow behind the add ons, so the extra weight is minimal?

Enjoy the screen grabs and if anyone has updates on this, weigh in.

T.
    Attached Images
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

Ill give an update.

It is totally wrapped in aluminum so weight has been significatly reduced, it will have to be painted :chrome,black chrome or flat black. The front bumper has been modeled. The interior frame is basically complete new dash console (reminds me of early 60's vette with rounded dash on driver and passenger., bitchn steering wheel with paddle shift. The radiator is huge and mounted perpendicular , not much of a boot will be left.

The drive shafts are being placed in, the fit is about 2 inches forward of stock location and the engine sits about 6 inches rear and they are debating fabricating new rear hub so that the bolts will match the front hubs and use new brakes rotors, whole front suspension is modified mustang 4 front end w/5 bolt hubs, complete roll bar built in. Cant remember the shock /spring company but its one of their sponsers.

The doors have been requested to be motorized like the new mercedes gullwing.

It will definately be a "one of". But again at least its not another BTTF replica. This thing has BALLS with the Audi R8 engine/ drive train.

Gave them a rundown of Delorean issues so that they can improve with their modifications.
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

In my opinion there would be only one person ugly enough to drive a car this hideous.
    Attached Images

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    In my opinion there would be only one person ugly enough to drive a car this hideous.
    You've seen bits and pieces of an unfinished car. Why are you so quick to knock it?

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    You've seen bits and pieces of an unfinished car. Why are you so quick to knock it?
    Thank you, this is what I have been saying to everyone. At least they seem to be doing their homework about the car.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Well for starters it doesn't look like it will be sporting a carb. All jokes aside, if he wanted to build a car why not just build one from the ground up? This thing isn't even a Delorean anymore.

I'm not knocking the man for butchering a Delorean. Its his money and he can do what he pleases with it. I just think it is stupid to customize a car so much that it isn't even recognizable anymore.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I have always liked low slung, wide body angular designs. IMO, they took the best attribute of a delorean and amplified it, and they took the worst attribute of a delorean, and turned it into a monster!....and R8 power plant are you kidding me? If I'm not mistaken that's the same basic engine that's in a Gallarado. I just bet if JZD was alive today, and rumors about him making a new car surfaced along with these pics, everyone here would be singing his praises and delighting in the redesign.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    3299

I'm gonna join Steve on this one. I don't like it.

I fell in love with an underdog car. I love the idea of engine swaps and powerplant upgrades like everyone else, and THAT has its place. But, this....it's just....it's too different. It's too much of a "total" mod. And this isn't the only DeLorean I feel this way towards - just to clear up any ideas that I only hate it cause it's Who.Is.Will or whatever his name is.

Curtis's car looks like a stock DeLorean compared to this hideous thing.
    Last edited by DeLorean03; 06-07-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: to add the truth
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by fnzen View Post
    Ill give an update.

Gave them a rundown of Delorean issues so that they can improve with their modifications.
    Lol - what part of the original car remains to have issues

Seriously though, what is the schedule on this? I thought it was completed by Superbowl time ? Sounds like it is still in the build phase?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

I'd sell my soul for that R8. But that mention that it'll be aluminum...that irks me somewhat. We've just about convinced the world it's NOT aluminum, then he has to go make one, and we have to start allllll over....sigh.

I'll wait til the finished project to make judgement. As long as it doesn't look as bad as the orange/blue DeLorean.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast