FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Am

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    ???

There is a Bentley-esque round HVAC one at either end
    Wow you're right, I didn't realize those were vents. I just saw that the center console was replaced with a giant screen and there were no vent openings leading into the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Interesting that the door latch pin is at the bottom center like the Proto cars.
    I wonder if the large roll-down windows had something to do with needing to relocate the latch
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-31-2013 at 09:32 AM.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Wow you're right, I didn't realize those were vents. I just saw that the center console was replaced with a giant screen and there were no vent openings leading into the doors.

I wonder if the large roll-down windows had something to do with needing to relocate the latch
    The giant screen looks like a damn ipad.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    resurrecting one of our favorite threads......

finally a decent interior shot

WTF is this?! It looks like a rich kids tree fort. It's a real shame money can't buy taste.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Quote Originally Posted by LordFly View Post
    WTF is this?! It looks like a rich kids tree fort. It's a real shame money can't buy taste.
    Yeah, well... a real shame is that they used such a beautiful car as the DeLorean to create this monstrosity. Ugh... Ugly is an understatement.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    I'm gonna join Steve on this one. I don't like it.

I fell in love with an underdog car. I love the idea of engine swaps and powerplant upgrades like everyone else, and THAT has its place. But, this....it's just....it's too different. It's too much of a "total" mod. And this isn't the only DeLorean I feel this way towards - just to clear up any ideas that I only hate it cause it's Who.Is.Will or whatever his name is.

Curtis's car looks like a stock DeLorean compared to this hideous thing.
    Who is Curtis and where can I find pics of his car?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    If I'm wrong, and this thing is the 2nd coming of DeLorean design, then I'll admit it. It this is another one of those "someone's trying to do something different and it looks like butt" designs, I'll stick to my guns (: ...

I knew my opinion is being recorded, and boy, I want it known on this one =P . I am a firm believer of "ready, aim, fire" with what I say - not "ready, fire, aim".

I'll hush from here. I don't want to say the same thing 25 different ways. My opinion is known - that's that.

ProtoDeLorean did it right. THIS situation is not the case.
    What is ProtoDelorean?

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by aenglish87 View Post
    Who is Curtis and where can I find pics of his car?
    Bling bling bling!!!!!!!

It's the red one.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by aenglish87 View Post
    What is ProtoDelorean?
    Member on here. Search and ye shall find
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

yes, it is ugly but they used elements like the proto colors, door latch, and the EV gear selector.
    Was almost at a good result if the wood was left out and he 60s corvette curved dash.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Not a fan of Wil I am's endless self promotion and taking credit for his custom car when in reality it was a shop that built it for him. I don't get people like that and he's not the only one out there who acts this way. Nor am I a fan of the look of the outside of the car, although the rear of the car is better than the rest of it.

There is obviously some quality work done on the car by West Coast Customs. The outside of the car looks too "Fast and Furious" to me, but the fit and finish appears to be very good, so whether or not it actually looks good which is subjective, it's obvious that a lot of time was spent on it. The interior looks nice to me - I love the seats and the colour they chose, and that they wrapped the door sill in leather rather than carpet - that looks nice!

I also like that they managed to get a proper full size window in there, and I think there was also some custom chassis work done to swap the front and rear suspensions out for subframes with modern double wishbone suspension (although I've never seen pics of this) and an engine swap also. So, it's not all bad.

John

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast