FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Am

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by fnzen View Post
    Oh by the way your opinions are recorded.
    Does DMC have black helicopters to swarm in and extract you in the middle of the night for "thought reform"....all this because a few people expressed their honest opinion about someone's custom car?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I understand that most people have mixed opinions. When I first posted pics of my D in the Slammed Delorean thread (or check youtube for air ride delorean if you like...most thought it was over the top or too many modifications for the car as others really liked it. Usually deloreans are not modified alot cosmetically to make a noticable difference. I appreciate the original look of the car but I thought some flavor was needed since it still screams 80's in stock form. Yes it is a beautiful car but there is always room for improvement and not just only for Hp. As long as we can still recognize it as a delorean then not all is lost because it shows that even with these cars we can still improve them and create something that we see in our own dreams.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

This photo went down with the old DMCTalk. I post it here for posterity.

williamsh.jpg

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I can't wait to see it at the next Super Bowl!
    LOL by then, no one will even remember who Will.I.Am is, since pop tastes change so quickly!

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Once again, I stand by my previous statement that this car is no longer a DeLorean. I dislike it being called a DeLorean when there is virtually nothing that remains to call it so.

I want my opinion and view recorded in the online record and for it to show that I dislike this car already.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vadus View Post
    Once again, I stand by my previous statement that this car is no longer a DeLorean. I dislike it being called a DeLorean when there is virtually nothing that remains to call it so.
    Aside from a DeLorean underbody, frame, and VIN number. Oh wait, that's a huge part of what makes up the car!

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Aside from a DeLorean underbody, frame, and VIN number. Oh wait, that's a huge part of what makes up the car!
    Most of the frame will have to be altered and removed to allow for that Audi power plant and the new front end. The under body will be severely altered to allow for that radiator design and the new fascias as well as modified panels and doors.

It's like a Fiero that's been turned into a Ferrari replica except in reverse; with those, everything else looks and says "Ferrari" whereas, with this, only the title and VIN will still say "DeLorean."

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Nah, it will still be a DeLorean. The core was still built in Northern Ireland, and it will still look like a DeLorean. It will never not be a DeLorean unless they start from scratch. They built it off a DeLorean - it is a DeLorean
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If he gets any flux capacitor jokes then I will consider it a Delorean. I seriously doubt he will have to listen to any of the BTTF crap that we get to hear daily.

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by BK2DFUTR View Post
    I understand that most people have mixed opinions. When I first posted pics of my D in the Slammed Delorean thread (or check youtube for air ride delorean if you like...most thought it was over the top or too many modifications for the car as others really liked it. Usually deloreans are not modified alot cosmetically to make a noticable difference. I appreciate the original look of the car but I thought some flavor was needed since it still screams 80's in stock form. Yes it is a beautiful car but there is always room for improvement and not just only for Hp. As long as we can still recognize it as a delorean then not all is lost because it shows that even with these cars we can still improve them and create something that we see in our own dreams.
    Glad you're back, I friggin love your car!
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast