FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Customs - Will.I.Am's custom DeLor.I.Am

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post

And you call yourself a previous owner D: ....

I'm just giving you a hard time =p. Don't take that "previous owner" comment too seriously =p.
    I've never been an owner, so that comment is actually flattering. Or demoralizing... Either way, they are on the bottom of a bay. So sunk is right, depending on your point of view... :P

And yes, I guess it is supply and demand. There is not going to be a significant increase of D's on the road. Hell, every year there are less. Which should mean more parts.

On-Topic: I dislike it when people "rape" a cars exterior to create something like this. R8 engine or not, it is going to be one ugly car from what I have seen. Not to say it can't be tasteful. I know there is a black widebody D out there that looks pretty neat. Still, it can't beat the stainless steel look of an original. Guess I am stuck in the 80's...
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    This kind of reminds me how people completely change the look of fieros with different body panels.

IE All fiero's underneith:

This one is actually a real F40, abandoned in dubai
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    . I know there is a black widebody D out there that looks pretty neat. Still, it can't beat the stainless steel look of an original. Guess I am stuck in the 80's...
    That is an understatement. I've seen up close this widebody D you speak of and it's incredible!

Also, who just abandons a car that expensive? I mean I know D's were pricey new but not compared to that bad boy! Someone call a tow truck and lets snag that thing.

Not to get off topic or be rude but this f-40 pictured above was thought to be real and someone made that statement on another forum. Actually it really is a fiero and all you have to do is look at the side windows, roofline, and bottom at the windscreen...its all fiero and very sure of it.

Now back on topic about the widebody... I do agree that this is a radical looking delorean but the front end does not flow in proportion with the rest of the car. The delorean design is all angular so when you try to incorporate a round shape and large sized openings in the front it will not flow properly into one distinctly designed car which is the reason why some people said that it looks like a front end of a new mustang and I also would agree with that. The widebody look does seem to be well executed from the doors to the rear but personally I dislike the front end/bumper design and the widend front fenders as I still prefer the over all look of "project delorean" or you could say the grey widebody steve's car as it was made with the deloreans original design in mind first rather than drastically trying to alter the car into something of a "one off personal creation". Just my opinion.
    Last edited by BK2DFUTR; 08-05-2011 at 08:36 PM.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    This one is actually a real F40, abandoned in dubai
    I'm pretty sure it's not. For one the website where I scraped the picture from notes it as a kit. The F40 is a very popular fiero body kit. Up there with the Countach and the Fino. Second, there are are a few clear signs. For instance, all F40's have a split in the window here:

The one in dubai very clearly has fiero side windows. You can also see that on the car in Dubai the windows have black triangles at the front just like all fieros:

Another difference is that due to the significantly smaller passenger compartment on the Fiero, on the kits, the rear quarter windows are fully opague unlike the transparent windows on the real thing:

I used to be pretty into Fiero's in the past. Not nearly as much anymore but I still am certainly a fan
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-06-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Hit or miss, the owner has $ and knows what he wants. The good ol' internet gives everyone an opinion and they aren't afraid to post it. But opinions are like a.... well, we all know that one. This build isn't for everyone obviously, just the owner. A drawing of the build was done that the owner agreed to have built. Now we wait and see if WCC pulls it off.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I hope there is a special or something detailing the customization process.

Sadly there wont be. WCC has built another car (as well as finishing a 3rd car started by another shop) for him that will air as an episode of their IWCC show, but I doubt anything will pop up on TV to cover the build of this car in detail.

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Any updates?
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by thatonenight View Post
    WCC has built another car (as well as finishing a 3rd car started by another shop) for him that will air as an episode of their IWCC show, but I doubt anything will pop up on TV to cover the build of this car in detail.
    Vett.i.am

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/blog/?p=8165

Why would they cover the transformation of yet another corvette and not show the unusual DeLorean?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast