FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How to Remove O2 Sensor

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

One bit of confusion - and why some people find this job relatively easy, and some are complaining about access - there were two different locations used for the O2 sensor. On right at the "y" in the pipe and one closer to the cat. The one closer to the cat has less room to swing a wrench.

I don't recall offhand but I believe the one closer to the cat is the "later" design. If you have the later one you can see a flat space on the crossover pipe where the old location would have been.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    One bit of confusion - and why some people find this job relatively easy, and some are complaining about access - there were two different locations used for the O2 sensor. On right at the "y" in the pipe and one closer to the cat. The one closer to the cat has less room to swing a wrench.

I don't recall offhand but I believe the one closer to the cat is the "later" design. If you have the later one you can see a flat space on the crossover pipe where the old location would have been.
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I have an '83, thus the later style. The access to the plug was very limited and very difficult to get off. A couple of others said they had no problem but they had earlier model cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4