FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans on Display (AKA Museum DeLoreans)

My VIN:    3937

Nice work, Dangermouse.

I'll agree with both of you on Mexico/NAM. The Central/North America context as well as the leave well enough alone OT perspective.

Something I learned not long ago regarding the Canadian edition cars I thought to mention. There were 88 cars (silly number) pulled off the assembly line to become the 17,XXX VINs destined for the Canadian market. I know we've talked about the instrument cluster changes for the word BRAKE instead of the symbol, etc., but one thing I never clued into was that all 88 cars are gray interior manual trans cars. A local owner mentioned that to me and I just never realized any different. So if you come across a Canadian spec car with a 17,XXX VIN, you know it has to be a gray / manual.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 05-26-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Here is the 2015 revision of the list (I think James is using it to drum up business ). It's now up to 92 cars in 21 US states and 20 countries, which is quite surprising

A few additions and deletions as well as filling in some of the ? on the previous revision.

<snip>

Again, thanks for the information and support.
    Hi Dermot,

Thanks for the update. I have been forgetting to add this one to the list for a few years (and at least two trips) to the collection/museum.

DeLorean DMC-12 in the Lingenfelter Collection (Museum) in Michigan http://www.thelingenfeltercollection...1990s-exotics/

I took photos (including a VIN tag) years ago, but maybe someone has easier access to their old photos from one of the Woodward events.

The Lingenfelter Collection 7819 Lochlin Drive Brighton, MI 48116 (special viewings only, usually in groups, not open to public regularly).

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-26-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added state location information

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Thanks Rich.

I think you must have mentioned that to me before, as it is included in a short list of Private Collections on the last page of the list, along with a couple of others. I keep these separate as an individual person cant usually just phone up and go see it, but a car group can usually wrangle a visit (like SEDOC did to Cathy Truett/Chick-fil-a a few years ago)

The Lingenfelter one is an 82 with 55xx miles on it apparently.

If you find the VIN, that would be nice.

D
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    03037

DeLorean Oct.1981 Vin#: 04509 @ San Diego Auto Museum

I took my son today to the museum and it was a real treat to check out some amazing Indian and Harley bikes. Near the middle of the museum in front of a really nice Dino parks 04509. Currently the museum is having their "The War Years" and it's an A+ if you're also into military motorcycles, trucks n jeeps! If you are in town it's definitely a stop to take!

Attached Images
    Last edited by skill; 06-18-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

My VIN:    03037

YouTuber Video ^^^
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

Here is the latest revised list of cars that you might want to visit during this "off season" for many owners

As always, I'd appreciate any help in filling in the blanks. Any photos from visits would be welcome also

(A previous version had appeared here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?26...ghlight=museum)

thanks
    Don Laughlin's Riverside Hotel in Laughlin, Nevada has had one in their car museum for the last several years.

Bruce Benson

My VIN:    04610

I don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere, but the DeLorean in the Louwman Museum (in the Netherlands) in VIN#15852 (august 1982). The curator was kind enough to let me take a picture of the VIN-tag ....

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

so it's back on display. Great.

Auto transmission?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    04610

so it's back on display. Great.

Auto transmission?
    The museum changed to another location a few years back, but it never the collection ... (in 2007 I saw it at the old location). The curator said that all the cars in the museum are drivable and kept in a good state ; this door didn't stay open by itself, probably "just the gasstruts" ...

It's a manual, by the way ...

My VIN:    4665

Thanks Rich.

I think you must have mentioned that to me before, as it is included in a short list of Private Collections on the last page of the list, along with a couple of others. I keep these separate as an individual person cant usually just phone up and go see it, but a car group can usually wrangle a visit (like SEDOC did to Cathy Truett/Chick-fil-a a few years ago)

The Lingenfelter one is an 82 with 55xx miles on it apparently.

If you find the VIN, that would be nice.

D
    We went to the Lingenfelter fall open house yesterday. I snapped the attached photos including VIN IMG_0252.jpgIMG_0253.jpgIMG_0255.jpgIMG_0258.jpgIMG_0262.jpgof the Delorean they had on display. The Delorean was not the car attracting much attention in that amazing collection of powerful cars as its in a corner of the display way, way in the back. A very unique opportunity to get really close to performance cars...many in the multi-million $ range.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast