FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Relays and Fuses

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Relays and Fuses

I'm sure a great many of you have already seen (and kept) the very handy diagram of what relays are for what, and what fuses are for what. It's an important tool and many thanks to whoever initially created it, but I was always frustrated by its low resolution, the jpeg compression making it difficult to read the numbers (specifically relay 27 and some fuses), and the overall clunky look of it.

As a result, I went ahead and created a from-scratch PDF vector version of that diagram. The impetus for this project was the desire to have a one-stop shop for DeLorean-related technical information on my iPad. If you're like me and have a dedicated iBooks Collection for DeLorean Technical information (or if you want one), This PDF is a must.

Any oversights or suggestions, please let me know. Enjoy!

Update.
    Attached Files

You're missing #36
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    5311

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    You're missing #36
    I fixed that just as you replied.

They (36 and 37) actually were in the original PDF, but the text box wasn't large enough for it to be seen. It's fixed. Thanks.

EDIT: I also noticed the text at the bottom was cut off as well. Should be good to go now.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 02-01-2012 at 03:13 PM.

My VIN:    16245

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I'm sure a great many of you have already seen (and kept) the very handy diagram of what relays are for what, and what fuses are for what. It's an important tool and many thanks to whoever initially created it, but I was always frustrated by its low resolution, the jpeg compression making it difficult to read the numbers (specifically relay 27 and some fuses), and the overall clunky look of it.

As a result, I went ahead and created a from-scratch PDF vector version of that diagram. The impetus for this project was the desire to have a one-stop shop for DeLorean-related technical information on my iPad. If you're like me and have a dedicated iBooks Collection for DeLorean Technical information (or if you want one), This PDF is a must.

Any oversights or suggestions, please let me know. Enjoy!
    Nice PDF, thanks for sharing!
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
    Nice PDF, thanks for sharing!
    Agree.

Tip: I have had something very much like that, glued to the inside of the wood fuse panel, since I got my car from previous owner. Very, very handy to have it there as a reference. Just saying: You may want to consider doing the same with this PDF.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Great job Chris.

Now I just need access to a laminator (old school ipad)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Looks great!

Something that has been a curiosity to me ever since I saw the original version, but I keep forgetting to look/ask-
    Do the relays line up like this on all of the later VINs? (If so, when did it change?) Mine has a spare where #27 Fan Relay is here and the rest of the row shifted to the right like the WS manual drawing M:07:02 (There is an empty space but no relay in the drawing and it's called out as #26 in the legend on the previous page.) There is nothing mention in concours manual.
    Last edited by Ron; 02-01-2012 at 05:56 PM.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Very nice... Thanks
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'd heard that there were some variations on the fuse box positions on earlier cars. Anyone know if I need to change anything here to make it correctly reflect my VIN 1150 (which came to me without the plastic cover from it's fuse box, so no help there...) For what it's worth, I do seem to recall 1662 following this layout on it's fuse box cover.

Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    I'd heard that there were some variations on the fuse box positions on earlier cars. Anyone know if I need to change anything here to make it correctly reflect my VIN 1150 (which came to me without the plastic cover from it's fuse box, so no help there...) For what it's worth, I do seem to recall 1662 following this layout on it's fuse box cover.
    Mine is only 7 away on the VIN and it is like this:
    ElectricalCompartment-REVISEDtoWSManual.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast