FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The restoration of 2930

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'm going to post another video soon.

It still seems to have a hot start issue. Should I tweak the mixture up a hair, or do you think I need the new o-rings to fix that?

If I turn the engine off after it's warmed up, it won't start back up.

--buddy

I'm hesitant to have you adjust without knowing what your rest pressure is. Are you able to get it to start at all while hot?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I'm hesitant to have you adjust without knowing what your rest pressure is. Are you able to get it to start at all while hot?
    Only if I do the plug swap. Even then, it takes a while before it starts up.

--buddy

Got any fuel gauges you can toss on there? Since you just replaced the accumulator one would think ppr oring but it would be good to if you are not holding pressure first
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.

Got any fuel gauges you can toss on there? Since you just replaced the accumulator one would think ppr oring but it would be good to if you are not holding pressure first
    I don't think I have a fuel gauge. I could try borrowing one from auto zone if you think they'd have one.

It seems to be holding fuel pressure. I don't have the air filter refitted yet. I can see that even after several minutes I can still push down on the pressure plate and feel that it's resisting.

It seems to happen if I turn the engine off and try to turn it right back on within a few seconds to minutes.

--buddy

Also don't forget that you are running your car without an O2 sensor hooked up ao your hot mixture is off. YoU can try bumping the mix but I think after the parade you are gonna need to ive the car some more attention but a a slower pace.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    I'm going to post another video soon.

It still seems to have a hot start issue. Should I tweak the mixture up a hair, or do you think I need the new o-rings to fix that?

If I turn the engine off after it's warmed up, it won't start back up.

--buddy
    If your not 100% confident in the o rings, replace them - cheap and easy. Take a quick peek at them - I had a bad one a few days ago - it was split in half. Can't hurt to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    If your not 100% confident in the o rings, replace them - cheap and easy. Take a quick peek at them - I had a bad one a few days ago - it was split in half. Can't hurt to take a look.
    Is there a 'howto' on this? What do I need?

I would wait until after the parade, but I'm worried that I'll have trouble starting it, and with all the props on, I won't be able to do the plug swap to get it going, at least not easily.

Sean, I'll grab an O2 sensor and install it. That's pretty easy to find locally and they're not terribly expensive.

--buddy

No how-to but it is pretty straight forward, give me a call when it's time. FYI I have the PPR oring kit and an O2 sensor here if you feel like making the trip, I can show you how to install whle your here.

No how-to but it is pretty straight forward, give me a call when it's time. FYI I have the PPR oring kit and an O2 sensor here if you feel like making the trip, I can show you how to install whle your here.
    I would, but I'm not sure either of my cars can make the trip right now….I have the new water pump and brake cylinder for the driver, but don't have time to install them just yet….

I decided to take Marsha for a taco bell run. The engine started dying as we were on our way back. I suspect an electrical fault, or the alternator wiring isn't correct.

One of our members has a massive truck and will be towing it around the corner quickly.

--buddy

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast