FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Julee and Dave Swingle; Incredible service from Incredible people

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Julee and Dave Swingle; Incredible service from Incredible people

I just want to give another shoutout to Julee and Dave at DMC Midwest, and to publicly thank them for their incredible customer service. I know it's been said 1000 times already but it deserves to be said 1000 times more.

This week I wanted to get my manual transmission back together. Sure enough I called DMCMW on Tuesday afternoon and Dave and Julee already had a spreadsheet of recommended parts to replace in the process. Dave walked me through each part over the phone, explained installation procedures, and helped me decide whether each part should be replaced. Afterward, the order must have gone out immediately because it was delivered less than 48 hours later (and I'm in Cincinnati). I missed the first delivery and in less than an hour after missed delivery (signature required) I had an email from Julee giving me a heads up that fedex had missed me and that they'd be trying again on Friday morning!

Throughout this weekend I've been trying to get the transmission back together and had questions about lip seal pullers, drivers, the special Lotus flange seals, and more. I emailed Dave with a few questions expecting a response on monday morning. Nope, I dont think I've waited more than an hour for an email response on the weekend! Unbelievable. Even on a sunday afternoon, Dave has sent me tips on getting this thing back together. I dont think I have ever experienced this level of customer service in my life, and I've worked for Disney on and off for the last 4 years!

Dave, Julee I cannot thank you guys enough. You will most certainly always be my first stop for any DeLorean related business.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

I have heard great things about them as well and looking forward to dealing with them when I get my car!

Two Thumbs Way Up for Dave and Julee at DMCMW!

I too am a very happy DMCMW Dave/Julee Fan! They have me as a customer for life as well!!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I have always admired Dave and Julee's(and the entire staff's) commitment to their customers. The thing that I love the most about DMCMW is Dave or Julee are never too busy to offer advice or walk me through a diagnosis over the phone, and for times when either is not avaliable, they always call me at their first convenience. Julee usually answers, and if she doesn't know Dave is right there on the phone(or calls me right back).

I can imagine how taxing all these calls must be on his normal day at work, so I try not to take advantage of his time by keeping Dave on the phone any longer than necessary when I do have to call...and I have never been rushed off the phone of felt like I was ever a nuisance. I will never forget this and even if someone came along offering lower prices, the level of service these people offer would far outweigh any price break.

This level of commitment to customers is pretty rare in niche markets, in fact it's pretty rare anywhere. DMCMW is the first call I make for anything for my car. If they don't carry or can't get an accessory or part, only then will I go to Houston or Grady. If they do have it, I order it, no price shopping, they get my business.

Three years ago, one scolding remark from Warren pretty much sealed DMCH's fate with my business. I was almost ready to flip my Delorean before I even took possession of it. DMCMW IS the reason I still have it.
    Last edited by Michael; 02-05-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This level of commitment to customers is pretty rare in niche markets, in fact it's pretty rare anywhere..
    +1!

...and I say again,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I nominate Dave & Julie at DMCMW as most favored vendor.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Preach it

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I had the same experience with them on the same job. I called to ask about lip seals and immediately got the same list of "while you're in there" parts. I really appreciated it because I never would have thought of half of them. Now I know I have all the parts I'll need when it's finally time to start this job. Without them I'm sure I would have dropped it, opened it, realized there were all these extra o-rings and seals and gaskets and whatever and just gone into a huge panic.

And though it's not the right thread for it, Misty and Toby can't be overlooked either. They helped me with the one thing Midwest didn't mention, which was the staked shaft end nuts.

If you guys are reading this, you've got another customer for life over here We're really in a golden age of DeLorean ownership right now, with such friendly people that have so much knowledge and so much drive to innovate. It sort of worries me to think what the landscape will look like if all these great vendors rightfully claim their retirement!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Dave and Julee have the best customer service in the business! Everytime I call they have time to help out. Everytime I email, I get a quick response.
    I don't want to publicly slam some of the other vendors (actually, I do want to but I won't) but their communication is horrible...I'm still waiting for a response on a back ordered part from almost two years ago from one vendor!
    I will definitely give ALL my future business to DMCMW unless they don't carry something I need!

Keep up the great work Dave and Julee!

thanks!
    John

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I have to add a huge +1 to this thread. My car has been to their shop twice, both times for significant repairs, and the quality of the work both times was outstanding.

Even when I have been in need of small orders (<$100), they have been friendly and accommodating.

Dave and their lead tech, Mike, have provided advice and support during my current engine work and during my EFI conversion.

DMC-MW and Josh Bengston are in my opinion the best vendors the community has.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    I have to add a huge +1 to this thread....

DMC-MW and Josh Bengston are in my opinion the best vendors the community has.
    And another equally huge +1 for Josh! I can't say enough nice things about him without using absolutes and superlatives that will detract from the other folks who are so equally deserving. It's a really different landscape for D ownership sine the D1 days.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast