FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DMC Florida

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Hey know was that really necessary
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Hey know was that really necessary
    LoL!! I dunno ask 1258!!!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

The previous previous owner of my car had a lot of work done at DMC Florida when it was his daily driver. All of their repairs and upgrade have held up now for years. They've always been friendly and helpful to me on the telephone. My experience is that they're a top-notch bunch of folks.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    17009

Ok let's set the record straight about the intention of my post. I have been involved with this forum since i've owned my first DeLorean back in 2000. I was under a different login name. This isn't a random rant, it was a SIMPLE question regarding service at DMC. This is my 4th DeLorean and i've always maintained and serviced the vehicles myself. Always have ordered parts from DMC, and never had any problems, they are great. I Have also ordered parts from Mr. Hervey with no complaints at all. This is the FIRST time I have ever had a vehicle serviced/refurbished by a DMC dealer. I AM SIMPLY LOOKING FOR INPUT... This isn't a complaint. But I will say that the car has experienced starting issues and now it is leaking coolant in the engine valley. I've replaced all of the relays, accumulator, and still same problem. Hard to start when cold and won't start at all when HOT.. I am talking with DMC and we are working a solution to the problem, they ARE NOT leaving me high and dry. Maybe I had too high of expectations but I have spent ALOT of money with DMC over the years.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Thanks for getting back to us. That helps put things into perspective. How long has it been since the car was refurbished or serviced by DMCFL?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

For all of you that do not know me, my name is Rian Locadia and I represent DMCFL. I have been in contact with Mr. Rice since he has started having the unfortunate issues with his DMC. Unfortunately, like a previous poster stated, these are 30 year old vehicles and issues like these do happen. Mr. Rice and I have arranged to have the vehicle looked at and corrected. He has been more than understanding and I can understand the frustration when you spend a good amount of money on a vehicle and it has issues right after. As he stated, we are not leaving him high and dry and never will. On any client for that matter. Mr. Rice is a very loyal client and we at DMC plan to keep it that way, period. And as a whole, I really do appreciate all of the positive comments you all have made about DMC Florida and Tony. Thank You.

Rian Locadia
    DMC Florida

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very cool. Welcome Rian.
    Hope you are able to keep a DMCTalk presence, with past, present, and future customers here.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

Owner/Vendor

My VIN:    2248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by RiceJB21 View Post
    ... But I will say that the car has experienced starting issues and now it is leaking coolant in the engine valley. I've replaced all of the relays, accumulator, and still same problem. Hard to start when cold and won't start at all when HOT..
    I'll wager a Grande Starbucks that you have a small nick in the edge of the small primary pressure O-ring, and a loose clamp in the valley (neither related to the other - mere coincidence). Let me know how I did ...
    Toby Peterson
    DeLorean Service Northwest
    DeLorean Parts Northwest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2