FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Double-Din Navigation Radio Face Plate for those Interested!!!

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

I agree about installing one first. If you can order just one and install it and show everyone the finished product, I bet you would easily make the quota to have them affordable. I would definitely buy one if I knew what the finish product looked like, and it's close to what I imagine it to be in my head

My VIN:    02075

Quote Originally Posted by uhhair View Post
    I agree about installing one first. If you can order just one and install it and show everyone the finished product, I bet you would easily make the quota to have them affordable. I would definitely buy one if I knew what the finish product looked like, and it's close to what I imagine it to be in my head
    Exactly, no one will signup at risk of losing money without seeing a prototype. You need to build at least 1 to work out all the bugs & fit issues. It's impossible to have a perfect part the first time on something like this. In other words, what if there is a major fit problem....then you collected $200 from 30 people ($6K) & have 30 bad parts that are trash & need to be re-made.

It's in your best interest to spend the money & make 1. You can cut costs by using aluminum for the bracket & simpling printing a piece of paper for the fascia background for a prototype to catch any significant issues.

My VIN:    2964

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    Exactly, no one will signup at risk of losing money without seeing a prototype. You need to build at least 1 to work out all the bugs & fit issues. It's impossible to have a perfect part the first time on something like this. In other words, what if there is a major fit problem....then you collected $200 from 30 people ($6K) & have 30 bad parts that are trash & need to be re-made.

It's in your best interest to spend the money & make 1. You can cut costs by using aluminum for the bracket & simpling printing a piece of paper for the fascia background for a prototype to catch any significant issues.
    I know, I agree with you!!! I have been designing things for some time now, so there won't be any bugs. I have perfected the CAD designing. All my designs are checked in every way possible so they can come out perfect in everyway!! And the companies have to make the parts according to my design or it is a no go. If the process takes more time then expected I will gladly refund people!
    I will try and get a few frames completed, it will be kinda pricey, but it will be a test, which should come out perfect.

In the mean time I just want to see how many people are interested! I will try the other forums as well!

Thank you!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

So I am FINALLY getting a frame together as a test and to show to every one the actual look of the frame and how everything looks!!

Should definitely have it ready within 2 weeks, hopefully!!!

My VIN:    2681

I'm excited about this, I hope it turns out as well as it looks in my head!

My VIN:    01974

if it all goes well, count me in for sure

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Looks cool, but if you put the headlight switches in the center console it could prove too easy to bump them when driving - I know I occasionally bump the rear defogger switch - not a problem really - but bumping off the headlights...

How about a reproduction left kneepad with the switches integrated?

I'm thinking about where to put those switches!! Hopefully I can come up with something good!

has anyone ever tried doing a combo switch/dial that incorporates the console light dimmer with a headlight switch?
    Formerly "fidgety"
    '81 DMC-12, #2147

Quote Originally Posted by jbreeden View Post
    has anyone ever tried doing a combo switch/dial that incorporates the console light dimmer with a headlight switch?
    I've thought of that, becuase my 2000 Trans Am and alot of other GM cars have a knob for the headlight switch. So it would be possible to do that. Then gotta think of a haazard switch. Others have said to add switches to the window defrost switch section, for the headlights and hazard switch.

Still thinking though, of a good place for them!!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast