FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Fuel pumps

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Fuel pumps

My original pump lasted for over 20 years... The replacement- not so much. What pumps have you guys been running for years with no issues? Whats recommended?

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Im currently running Hervey's heavy duty fuel pump for the last 7 months with no real complaints. Before that, my car had one of his standard fuel pumps that the previous owner installed.

He never really had a chance to drive the car, but that pump only lasted me about 2 years before it over heated and locked up.

Honestly, i am looking forward to the new DMCH fuel pump and fuel level sender one piece units. As soon as they come available and have some good mileage put on one, I will definitely swap out since my fuel gauge is all over the place.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Type "909 fuel pump" into ebay....

(the 909 pump superceeded the 957 used in the DeLorean, it's operationally identical)
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Sorry guys... I posted this on a Friday night so I kind of forgot about it. I was using Hervey's fuel pump also - not sure how long I've had it, probably 5 or so years? The car sat for probably 3 of the 5 years (not continuously though). Nonetheless, the pump runs but stops as if there is something lodged in it so it is no longer reliable. I'm hesitant in blaming the pump for failure; its probably more related to the infrequent use of the vehicle and maybe it sucked something up.

The new DMCH pumps look great, but I'll likely wait until my next pump fails before I get one of those - hopefully 5 years from now! I bought one of DMCH's new sending units back when they first came out years ago and haven't had any troubles with the gauge or low light so I'll keep goin' with it.

Thanks Martin, if you recommend it - I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks everyone!

My VIN:    5742 - auto trans 1014 - manual

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Type "909 fuel pump" into ebay....

(the 909 pump superceeded the 957 used in the DeLorean, it's operationally identical)

I looked it up on eBay. I couldn’t find one that’s says 909. Do you have a pic to model #?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark413 View Post
    I looked it up on eBay. I couldn’t find one that’s says 909. Do you have a pic to model #?

Sorry for the delay, only seeing this now. Type the below into the search box on ebay, this is what I have been using. Can't beat the $40 price right now but beware, this item has been on my watch list for years and I've seen the price fluctuate from $35 all the way up to $90 depending on demand.

Hayg Orig Inline Fuel Pump 0 580 254 909 0580254909 New

The seller I have is fuelpumpsusa
    -----Dan B.