FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DCUK Stainless Steering Shaft/Joint Set

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Thanks, Dennis. My fleaBay puller has only a flat tip and it doesn't come off so I'll get another one just to have it. I need to clean and re-dye the steering wheel anyways. But I saw that thread where it was talked about using an air chisel and I think I'll figure out another way rather than that. I'll mess something up with that. It looks like this is roll bar kit from DPNW that you're talking about:

http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/...Code=K1006DP-C

I think I'll have to go with that someday soon. And I hear what you're saying about not completely eliminating vibration; that'd be impossible and my steering already is night and day with the new rack and Borgeson system. I was spoiled after I drove Steve's car!

I'm going to mess around with the toe in a little bit and see if I can't get my wheel more centered without having to take it off. Jim mentioned to measure tread to tread and have 1/4" less in the front compared to the back so I'll try to accomplish that. I might just end up taking it in and having it professionally done (along with some extra shims for the rear; thanks for that). I'll keep working on the system as time goes by but for right now, I'm looking real good. Thanks again!
    Yup that's the Kit. It will also alleviate front end squeaks from the old Donut bushings (If you suffer from that annoyance).

Good Luck and Happy Driving
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Help with vibration

Hello was curious if anyone had pointers as to what could be causing my vibration/ knocking from front end. I recently replaced my shocks/springs with stainless LCA and coil over kit, everything felt great, put a new spec1 exhaust went great lots of added power felt , so then I figured I would make it even better. My car drove really well had some vibration from left front wheel area which smoothed out at higher speeds, so my tech check wheel bearings felt tight but had some slop / play in rack so I purchased a rebuilt rack and stainless column with dampener thinking this would make the car feel even better. I was wrong, car felt like something was loose in front end, vibration knocking noise in front, we adjusted the column with the ends rotating at 90 degrees still bad. Have checked everything over and over all tight and secure. I'm about at the point that I'm going to remove all this and put my old stuff back in. Really upsetting as I thought this would make the car drive great. Any body had this experience after replacing rack and column and what finally fixed it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSPRINT View Post
    Hello was curious if anyone had pointers as to what could be causing my vibration/ knocking from front end. I recently replaced my shocks/springs with stainless LCA and coil over kit, everything felt great, put a new spec1 exhaust went great lots of added power felt , so then I figured I would make it even better. My car drove really well had some vibration from left front wheel area which smoothed out at higher speeds, so my tech check wheel bearings felt tight but had some slop / play in rack so I purchased a rebuilt rack and stainless column with dampener thinking this would make the car feel even better. I was wrong, car felt like something was loose in front end, vibration knocking noise in front, we adjusted the column with the ends rotating at 90 degrees still bad. Have checked everything over and over all tight and secure. I'm about at the point that I'm going to remove all this and put my old stuff back in. Really upsetting as I thought this would make the car drive great. Any body had this experience after replacing rack and column and what finally fixed it? Thanks

When do you hear the knocking noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    When do you hear the knocking noise?
    Anytime you go over rough road or bump in road. I did also notice that if I push on bumper area when Parker up and down the noise can be heard . When driving you could feel it through the floorboard almost so we rotated the column ends and now it's not as bad through the floorboard but the vibrations are still felt and knocking type noise heard it may be some adjustment but it all llooked
    pretty straightforward putting together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSPRINT View Post
    Anytime you go over rough road or bump in road. I did also notice that if I push on bumper area when Parker up and down the noise can be heard . When driving you could feel it through the floorboard almost so we rotated the column ends and now it's not as bad through the floorboard but the vibrations are still felt and knocking type noise heard it may be some adjustment but it all llooked
    pretty straightforward putting together

Well, that makes it easier to troubleshoot, since you can check whether you fixed the noise without driving the car.

Did the noise only show up after you installed the new steering rack? I would suspect a problem with the suspension, which means calling DPI Josh for help.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We texted earlier. Sounds like shocks are tuned all the way down and have zero resistance.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Yes , after texting with Josh sounds like one of the techs at my work might have been playing around at my expense and turned the setting all the way down. Not funny!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8