FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoArt Delorean??

WOW!! it looks so beautiful! but sadly,..I can't buy it or anything else because all my money is spoken for by paying off my Parent's Doctor visit bills and their Medication and so I can't buy anything anymore.. I know it sucks to be me...
    Last edited by maragni1985; 09-24-2015 at 03:45 AM.

Roads?..Where we're going we don't need..Roads!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

AutoArt Delorean??

Well, mine arrived today. Initial unboxing was pretty cool. Overall I love the crisp detail. Unfortunately, the driver door won't stay up. Where do I order replacement struts? 😕
    Then the passenger side mirror fell off onto my kitchen floor. I picked up the mirror housing only to see the mirror foil had fallen out too. I searched for 10 minutes trying to find that piece of glitter foil. I did find it thankfully. It's good thing for superglue. I quickly put it up on my shelf of D collectibles before something else lets go😜

The other thing I thought kind of odd was gray trunk carpet.
    No worries though. I have a matching gray trunk carpet for my car. Go figure.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Well, mine arrived today. Initial unboxing was pretty cool. Overall I love the crisp detail. Unfortunately, the driver door won't stay up. Where do I order replacement struts? 
    Then the passenger side mirror fell off onto my kitchen floor. I picked up the mirror housing only to see the mirror foil had fallen out too. I searched for 10 minutes trying to find that piece of glitter foil. I did find it thankfully. It's good thing for superglue. I quickly put it up on my shelf of D collectibles before something else lets go.
    Sounds like it's more scale than anyone thought. They not only made it cosmetically true to the cou terpart but mechanically as well.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Yeah, that's what I thought to myself too.

I think I know why though. It's VIN 0568. We all know VIN 500 cars had lots of early production 😜

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

So... is it sold out... I can't seem to find it in the showroom on their site though an external Google search takes me to the page on their site. Weird.
    Any way - no way to add to cart so it seems as though it's no longer available for sale from them.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    So... is it sold out...
    It does look that way, but they are still available on eBay and Amazon. I bought one on Amazon that is to be delivered this afternoon.
    David Proehl

I would be very surprised if Dmch doesn't start offering a limited supply fairly soon. After all it is an officially licensed product, albeit an expensive one to hold a high inventory quantity of.

However, if they wait to long the early buyers needs will be fulfilled via 3rd party sellers.

Dennis
    DENNIS

My VIN:    0726

Yes, make sure you put it on high on your shelf and don't handle too much. The spent 2 years to get the grain right, but only 20 min on toughness. Don't get me wrong, it's neat, but handle it like glass.
    VIN 0726

Quote Originally Posted by ILM1010 View Post
    excellent model, my rear view mirror snapped off as i lifted the passenger door but I glued it back in place, so you have to be a little careful. I now own 4, and they are worth it!
    Pete,

What serial VINs do you have?

I had a second one show up today from the original company I had pre-ordered from nearly 3 years ago out of NY. Serial 577

The other one came from WA. Serial 568

I'm very surprised how close the numbers are considering they were shipped from 2 different retailers from opposite ends of the country.
    DENNIS

My VIN:    05457

I have 548. Any idea how many were made?
    David Proehl

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast