FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoArt Delorean??

AutoArt Delorean??

Hey Guys,
    I remember back before DMCtalk crashed the mention of AutoArt in the process of making a 1:18 scale Delorean model.

Just wondering if anyone has any update or inside info on this? By memory, one of the forum user's Ds were being looked over, for the model to be based on it.

Cheers,
    James.
    P.S. Did a google search and have found some sneak peek pic's of there prototype...

http://www.autoartmodels.co.uk/delor...in-finish.html
    Last edited by MRDMC; 02-12-2012 at 08:42 AM.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for the link
    I remember the old post on dmctalk, but did not remember any pictures of the pre production model.
    Looks like it will be really beautiful with a lot a detail!
    Can't wait to see it in reality.
    On the other hand, I'd like to see the same in 1:12 scale like this 300sl for example:
    https://ssl.kundenserver.de/modeliss...g&Detail=50490

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

This is really exciting. AutoArt makes hands down the best scale models. I have looked several times in the past to see if they made a DeLorean, but this is the first time I've heard anything about plans to produce one. I will definitely be in line to get one if they become available!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Nice! I think I'll get on the Pre-order list. No charge till it becomes available.

I wonder what the physical size of a 1/12 scale Delorean would be.

The 1/18 scale Sunstar is 9 inches long. Would that make 1/12 scale 13.5 inches long?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

The D is 168" long, so 1/12 would be about 14"
    Jon

Thanks for conformation. That would be impressive and really allow for Detail. We can only hope for now.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    01955

Very nice and very expensive! The question will be, do I still keep the Sunstar version?

And will AA make the BTTF versions as well? I think Sunstar have pretty much covered most of the collectors, so it will have to be a fantastic model.

Looking forward to it (or them)!

When you see an AA model up close that question will vanish from your mind. SunStar makes very nice models, especially in the price range. But AutoArt is the gold standard in scale replicas. They have to be seen to be believed, honestly.

As for whether they'll make BTTF models... Well, I dunno. But I'd sure love to see their rendition of one.
    Jon

My VIN:    01955

I collect 1:18s and have been for nearly 20 years, so my collection is pretty vast.

I try not to duplicate my cars as it becomes pointless having one sub-standard quality and having an awesome one. Maybe I'll modify the Sunstar one to look like mine when I get the AutoArt version.

With precision models it's more like "If you build it, they will come" (collectors). Limit production to 1000 and create a feeding frenzy on Ebay. (Nike Dunks anyone)
    DENNIS

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast