FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoArt Delorean??

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I decided to see what the real cost would be if I pre-ordered through the UK site.

Wholly Crap! £119.00 ($187.00) + SHIPPING to US (so called best rate). £ 99.95 ($158.00) Surely that is a mistake (I could see £10-£15 via Royal Post) Then add on 3% or so foreign transaction fee $10.45 Total Approx ($356.00)

I DON'T THINK SO SAM.

I'll wait for US availability
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    01955

Prices on AutoArt models have gone through the roof. You just have to pay for them now if you want any of their cars. They use to be $80-$110 each, but now pushing $200-$380. But compared to SunStar, it would look exquisit!

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks. I'd only looked at the pictures right in the thread here. I'm on my phone which makes for small pictures but it still looks a little better. The engine compartment detail with firewall items and such seems better. The engine doesn't appear to have more details (again, small pic on phone) but they somehow seem more 3D. The SunStar seem flat by comparison.

I'm not saying its perfect but I'll put my money on AutoArt.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Prices on AutoArt models have gone through the roof. You just have to pay for them now if you want any of their cars. They use to be $80-$110 each, but now pushing $200-$380. But compared to SunStar, it would look exquisit!
    It's not the model price I object too. It's the astronomical Shipping. Like I said, I'll wait for U.S. availability. Surely, they won't be available only from a UK online retailer.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I decided to see what the real cost would be if I pre-ordered through the UK site.

Wholly Crap! £119.00 ($187.00) + SHIPPING to US (so called best rate). £ 99.95 ($158.00) Surely that is a mistake (I could see £10-£15 via Royal Post) Then add on 3% or so foreign transaction fee $10.45 Total Approx ($356.00)

I DON'T THINK SO SAM.

I'll wait for US availability
    How did you find out the shipping cost?

I tried their website using a UK address, but it didn't update with the shipping. the only option I had as "Place this Order" which I wasn't about to do with out seeing a shipping charge.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    How did you find out the shipping cost?

I tried their website using a UK address, but it didn't update with the shipping. the only option I had as "Place this Order" which I wasn't about to do with out seeing a shipping charge.
    I initiated the order process by clicking 1 in the box. the next window to pop up was the shipping info. On the left side of page were the countries I clicked U.S. which immediately brought up the shipping option of BEST RATE £99.95 I did not go any further than that I did not "submit" an order. I did do some Google searches for Autoart models that brought up lots of US retailers for them. It should not be a problem when the time comes. I also put my name on one of the retailers "Wish list notification service" that will automatically send me an e-mail when the Delorean is available. No advance prices though. But from the pricing of many of the other models I'd guess it will be between $100-$150. There were a few PREMIUM addition models that were pushing $500 but those were the exception not the rule.
    DENNIS

I placed a pre-order (no charge till the Item is ready to ship) with a US retailer and asked when it might be available.

They responded with: "The ETA for the first shipment from the manufacturer of this new model is Feb of 2013."
    DENNIS

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

There is a big box blocking use of the page. WTF good is that?!

I feel like writing them "Hi I'd like to spend a butt load of money but your page is a POS so I can't" but I know it will disappear into the abyss that is customer service these days and nothing will change.

Denis how did you get around this?
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Any news on these??

Quote Originally Posted by MRDMC View Post
    Any news on these??
    See Post #37
    DENNIS

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast