FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Cave paintings - post your pics!

My VIN:    6125

Yeah I always thought it was Gerry when I looked at it.

I'm not sure if it's Blice or Blic's. The more I look at it I think it's Blice...with an upper case bubble E at the end.

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

A few weeks ago on Jalopnik there was this story about a mom in Russia who wanted to get a DeLorean to show up for her son's birthday party.

http://jalopnik.com/5950994/delorean...birthday-party

I sent along a small package of some things for his birthday, including a back issue of "deloreans" magazine which talked about things written under the headliners. The mom took this photo of the cave paintings on one of the cars that showed up for the party today...pretty cool, on all points.

James
    Attached Images
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    A few weeks ago on Jalopnik there was this story about a mom in Russia who wanted to get a DeLorean to show up for her son's birthday party.

http://jalopnik.com/5950994/delorean...birthday-party

I sent along a small package of some things for his birthday, including a back issue of "deloreans" magazine which talked about things written under the headliners. The mom took this photo of the cave paintings on one of the cars that showed up for the party today...pretty cool, on all points.

James
    Pretty cool story and really neat cave paintings. I like the Halloween date and time stamp along with the "cheeseburger elvis" profile drawings, both of which appear to be enjoying a cancer stick. Seems fitting for a Halloween build! Thanks for sharing James.
    Jeff

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Holy sh$t - Elvis signed his car !!!! (though it looks like Elmo in the left one ) So he was alive and well and building DeLoreans in Belfast in 1981.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Holy sh$t - Elvis signed his car !!!! (though it looks like Elmo in the left one ) So he was alive and well and building DeLoreans in Belfast in 1981.
    Well, as it says, "Rock 'n' Roll is hear to stay". Evidently he's been in Ireland this whole time, and still likes a good pun.

In all seriousness, it's dated October 31, 1981 ("Oct 31 81" is written upside-down on the bottom). Looks like a Halloween gag.

EDIT: How easy is it to remove and replace the door headliner just to see what's under it? Is there any glue involved, or are pop rivets (a.k.a "fir trees" by DMCH) all that holds it in? I'm curious what's under mine now.
    Last edited by Shep; 10-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    How easy is it to remove and replace the door headliner just to see what's under it? Is there any glue involved, or are pop rivets (a.k.a "fir trees" by DMCH) all that holds it in? I'm curious what's under mine now.
    I've started wondering the same thing myself.

Is there anything posted, (Search isn't helping me right now), that tells if certain time frames during production, (might have), had some *Extra* artwork applied under headliners and such?

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

I don't think it is specifically a Halloween gag. Partially because Halloween wasn't a big holiday back in the 80's, certainly not like it is today.

But mainly because of the reference to the A-Town Teds Rule OK - Teds being from the '50s 'Teddy Boys' playing good old fashioned R 'n' R like Elvis, Chuck Berry, etc. I'm not sure if the term 'Teds' was reflected in US culture, but the were a subculture there along side Punks, Mods, Rockers, etc.

Your panel just pulls off, btw, using something similar to fit trees. Don't get too hopeful though, many just have numbers, but pull it off and post what you find.

Thank you, thank you very much.
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I've started wondering the same thing myself.

Is there anything posted, (Search isn't helping me right now), that tells if certain time frames during production, (might have), had some *Extra* artwork applied under headliners and such?

George
    Seems to be totally random whether there is artwork or not. Mine just has numbers and production stickers. Maybe it is tied into Sharpie deliveries in the stationary cupboard

Go on! Have a peak you know you want to.
    Dermot

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Your panel just pulls off, btw, using something similar to fit trees. Don't get too hopeful though, many just have numbers, but pull it off and post what you find.
    I thought it did. I saw the telltale female connections in the picture James posted above, and it got me curious. Good to know; should be a piece of cake with the trim panel removal kit I got off of Amazon a year ago. Hopefully I don't break too many of them.

Thanks for the info!

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Excuse the introduction of stuff you already know, I posted it on fazebuk earlier today for those that don't.

This was an "unboxing" video of sorts, although one that was sealed for 30 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpSQkGNSiM

Any help with the hieroglyphics? I understand from looking it up that "Metal Mickey" was a ref to the early 80s kids show on the bbc. Has he ever been positively identified? I'd send him a thank you.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast