FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Ask David and Farrar: Technical Questions and Advice About Carbureting a DeLorean

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    ...Haven't heard from David in a long time, though.
    this is true. i am, however, still alive.

it seems ive been inactive on the forum for around 3 years, so im sure there a bunch of noobs who dont know who the 'blue car guy' is.

the past few years ive been delving into my long-time hobby of film photography, while passively adding to my 'DeLorean Fund.' as you can see from my 'Obtain-o-meter,' i have exceeded my initial funding goal. i will continue to add to the Fund, until my lifelong obsession with owning a DeLorean is fulfilled.

also, as it seems that since Bill Robertson is back on the forum, perhaps mine is not the name to be included on this thread's title... he knows exponentially more about carbing a DeLorean than i do.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    also, as it seems that since Bill Robertson is back on the forum, perhaps mine is not the name to be included on this thread's title... he knows exponentially more about carbing a DeLorean than i do.
    Me, too.

P.S. Nice to see you're still around, and congrats on reaching your funding goal!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

thank you, Farrar.

my funding goal was set as a modest personal minimum for a basic car based on my previous standard of living. now that i work for the railroad, the goal seems a little meager, and i will continue to save until i find a vehicle that strikes my fancy. of course, the more i save, the better it gets... so patience is a virtue, i suppose. ive been waiting 20 years, whats a little longer, right?

although, my masochistic side seems to enjoy the idea of a basket-case 'rescue' type...
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    my masochistic side seems to enjoy the idea of a basket-case 'rescue' type...
    As long as you have a reliable car to fall back on, it's a sound plan. My DeLorean used to be the backup car. Now my daily's in the shop and I'm housebound. I can tell you it's not a pleasant situation to be in. :P
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15